ranger4.0
Participant
@ranger4-0

im new to this forum and so far i have seen a lot of great info and some pretty nice work! i have a few questions… i want to get my left arm done in a full sleeve. i am going to be getting a chinese dragon and either a koi fish or samurai, i am not sure on the meaning of the samurai. i want to know if there is any actual story or meaning behind the samurai battling the dragon or not? i have seen a few dragon/samurai and dragon/koi tats and i really love the style. pics for reference would be great as well!!!!
thanks

Zukei
Participant
@zukei

Samurai follow Bushido which is in high relation to how one should act (for lack of a better word) during not only war but life. Involves qualities like bravery, family pride, selflessness and amazing devotion. I personally believe a Samurai fighting a dragon (depending on it’s colour) can symbolise these particular qualities overcoming whatever the dragon symbolises.

I’ve actually thought about the concept myself and I find it quite interesting.

ranger4.0
Participant
@ranger4-0

thanks! i have always been a huge fan of the dragon and samurai and only recently have seen images of them in battle. i really find it quite interesting

ranger4.0
Participant
@ranger4-0

i do believe this will be my next tattoo, full sleeve on my left arm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.