cathers
Participant
@cathers

Hi Everyone,

I’m new here, but not to tattoos, I’ve got 6 at the moment, but I’m looking for some advice about a cover up.

I have a black and grey panther on my shoulder, not solid black and it’s 6 years old so not the blackest of blacks either. I’m not a fan of it really, it’s not me and the space could be used so much better. I got it when I was 18 and I just walked into the shop and chose the first flash I vaguely liked. Bad idea!

I would like to cover it with a rose design, I thought it would look quite cool to have coloured (deep red) roses bunched together to cover the panther which would then spread over my shoulder and down my arm into a half sleeve, if it’s possible, I’d love the tat to start in colour and finish in greyscale. I hope I’ve explained that right! here is the pic I got the inspiration fromhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/stotker/4742937528/ The roses I want would be quite a bit smaller and have leaves here and there.

So here are my questions… Will deep red roses be enough to cover a black and grey panther or am I going to need something darker? Probably best to speak to an artist I know but I want to get some money together first.

Also, I really like the idea of the tattoo fading from colour to greyscale, but I’m not artistic at all, so any creative input would be very welcome!!

Thanks,

Cat

Edit: here is a pic of the offending panther if it helps!http://www.flickr.com/photos/53539978@N03/4948993917/

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

No way could that be covered up, no way no how.

Just kidding:D This would be rather easy. Since your existing tattoo is all black (now kind of grey) then the rose would obviously have to be a very large style (since the Tiger’s anatomy is horizontal in stature) so the tattooist has room to work in your existing tattoo in a form of shading and what not. Reds are actually a perfect compliment to do this with as any tattooist can go in and and shade into the already present tattoo as well as in-coopering the major design that goes into a rose-like tattoo. This should be rather easily fixed and the idea is defiantly AWESOME. Of course, stop into your local tattooist (don’t just pick any tattooist, snoop around first, esp one who specializes in coverups/rose like concepts) and you should get help in no time. Keep us updated.

cathers
Participant
@cathers

:eek::eek: You scared me then! Evey time I see that tat I wonder what I was thinking!

I’m glad it should be coverable, I’m guessing it’s going to cost a fortune! I’ll have a chat with a couple of artists and see what they say. I think this is going to be a project to keep me busy for a while!!

Thanks for the advice!

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
cathers;73782 wrote:
:eek::eek: You scared me then! Evey time I see that tat I wonder what I was thinking!

I’m glad it should be coverable, I’m guessing it’s going to cost a fortune! I’ll have a chat with a couple of artists and see what they say. I think this is going to be a project to keep me busy for a while!!

Thanks for the advice!

Any commitment to a tattoo is time consuming, but yet all worth it in the end! Good luck.

Dice
Participant
@dice

where is it? I can’t see the tat..:)

man yeah, easy , thats all I can say.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

Agreed. It’s not massive or too dark so you lucked out somewhat. It looks like a racoon. Cute ๐Ÿ™‚

Dice
Participant
@dice

Yay I’m a member now ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.