Spiky
Participant
@spiky

I’m looking to get my first tattoo, and I’m wondering how this piece http://www.flickr.com/photos/midnight-digital/2948904003/ would work on skin, and whether I’d be able to do some of the background as well, or just the man. Also, this is meant to be a straightedge tattoo, and I need ideas on how to work the words “True Till Death” into the design. Any help would be much appreciated!!

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

How old are you?
Just curious. I know a lot of folks, and I mean A LOT that got straight edge tattoos when they were younger and had them covered up by the time they were 25.

BUT, I think that picture would make for a really good tattoo. It would have to be rather large to fit in the detail, and depending on where you want to put it on your body you may or may not have room for the railroad tracks and the wires in the back. The more room you have, the more detail you can fit, obviously.

What kind of placement were you thinking about?

Spiky
Participant
@spiky

I’m still in university, so yes I’m still quite young, and I have heard all the arguments and statistics of straight edge drop out rates. I’m planning to get this tattoo when I graduate, as university the way I see it is going to be the time in my life when I’m most surrounded by drug and alcohol use, and the tattoo would be to celebrate making it through that. Either way though, I still really love the image, and I would be willing to get it without the text, just as long as I know the possibility to work the text in later exists.

As for placement, I want it on my upper back, so there would be a fair bit of room, but if I would be able to keep it under 6×6″ that would be nice.

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

I would pop up your expectations to 10×10…mostly because this is an awesome image and it could be an awesome piece if done correctly.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Personally I’d say a piece this detailed would look best as a full backpiece.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.