whatamess
Participant
@whatamess

I had my first tattoo done yesterday, set of three outline stars going from the hip to the ribs, rather tender places. Got all the info and bought some ‘tattoo aftercare’ cream, i put this on this morning and left it to soak in and do its work. Before putting on a t shirt thought i would dry it a bit, got a dry clean tissue and dabbed it dry, however whilst doing so an outline of the tattoo was made on the tissue? Why is this? Is this normal? I feel pretty paranoid now. Will the tattoo look any worse beacuse of this? Thanks very much for all your help ::)

whatamess
Participant
@whatamess

http://www.tattooaftercare.co.uk/ << this is the link for the cream

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I’m not expert but I’ve had a few tats. This is normal, there is excess ink and blood and plasma (whatever that is) that leaks out of the first 24-48 hours. It’s natural and should be fine. It will heal over and become really itchy in a few days and then it will be most set in your skin after a few weeks.

Assuming you went to a legit shop and had a reasonably talented artist you should be fine. Put up some photos when you get a chance.

alexxturner
Participant
@alexxturner

It’s normal for the first day or so. When I got my first one done this happened and it’s still bright as hell.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

i always tell my clients to wash the tattoo afer about an hour using hot soapy water…. as hot as you can bare on it and then pat it dry, wait a minute or so and then wash it with cold soapy water, what this does is open the pores up and any excess ink that is inbetween the layers of skin is washed away, then the cold water closes the pores up again, this normally prevents any ink coming off onto your bedsheets ets.

as you have followed your own artists aftercare instructions then the leakage is normal, just remember to was it and place small amounts of cream on afterward…. after about 4 or 5 days then a thin scab should appear….. it will beging to itch, but i must warn you not to scratch at it or you will pull out some ink and your tattoo will heal faded.

when it starts itching and the scabs start to flake then it is time to swap from the aftercare cream to a none scented body lotion, this will keep the skin moisurised but only use it in small amounts…. your tattoo should be healed enough after about 10 days to stop using anything on it 😉

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Its very normal

In the UK and Australia there is this antiseptic cream called Savlon which I used I find the A+D cream in the US far too “leaky”

Don’t worry tho after 3 days you will be switching to moisturizer and that’s far less greasy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.