ataraxia
Participant
@ataraxia

i like the appearance of the cherry blossom for a tattoo design, but i was wondering if anyone had anything that is similar but may be perceived more masculine. it looks like cherry blossom tattoos are predominantly for females and symbolize feminism, which is great, but not something i’m particularly looking for. i solely like the appearance of a cherry blossom, woven around a few words. any ideas would be appreciated. i was looking at the lotus a bit.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I have seen them on guys but I personally think they are pretty fem. I thought about incorporating them into a tat of mine but I just could not do it.

If you like the idea and you think you can make it work than go for it. Just be prepared for the looks from your bros.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

i think by themselves they are feminine, but with other stuff they don’t look so fem.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i dont think they are feminine at all if it is incorporated into a japanese theme. if you are talking about a tattoo of cherry blossoms falling onto a penis shaft drilling an anus, then it might be a little gay. that is just me tho…

VDreamer
Participant
@vdreamer

I ‘ve seen a cherry blossom tattoo on a guy,it looked quiet good.
I also don’t think they are not feminine and you can also add stuff to it.And who cares what other think,it’s your tattoo,if you want go ahead and do it;)

Cheers.

carpboy
Participant
@carpboy

hmmm i have a number of cherry blossoms on my arms and dont consider them feminine and i’d like to see someone out there say it to me face!!!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
carpboy;72944 wrote:
hmmm i have a number of cherry blossoms on my arms and dont consider them feminine and i’d like to see someone out there say it to me face!!!

despite your not so vague threat I stand by the fact that a lot of women get cherry blossom tattoos. can it be done and not look feminine? sure… but its a fine, fine line. And if it looks feminine I would have no problem telling you to your face…. a fact is a fact. How you react to that fact is on you.

Poker_Addict
@

If that is what you want then go for it. It is your body and you should be able to put what you want on it

carpboy
Participant
@carpboy

fact- i would have no problem sticking a cherry blossom where the sun dont shine but you would probably cry like a biatch so that wont get me nowhere!

there are a couple of cherry blossoms to the bottom of the koi,i dont consider that to look feminine,the next thing you will probably comment on in the butterfly and say thats looks feminine!

DSC02533.jpg

seeing as your so big on FACTS i shall tell you this,not once has anyone ever commented and said “dont your cherry blossoms look feminine”maybe its a yank thing

DSC01953.jpg

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee

That has to be the bottom of the Japanese style tattoo curve, man.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
carpboy;72976 wrote:
fact- i would have no problem sticking a cherry blossom where the sun dont shine but you would probably cry like a biatch so that wont get me nowhere!

Fact: You should take a chill-pill, or you may end up bursting a blood vessel.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

The best part about this to me is that you are trying to prove how masculine your tattoo is by threatening to shove your tree up my ass.

FWIW, your cherry blossoms are NOT feminine but they are misshapen, poorly colored and involved with a generally crappy tattoo, all things I would say to your face.

But then again, you’ll probably ask me to blow you to prove how straight you are so this conversation is pointless.

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee

fact – if those two faces were supposed to be a geisha and a samurai, you got a girl who is cheap and the dude is a merchant.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

As far as the OP is concerned, I do think cherry blossoms are feminine if they are not background or detail.
Having cherry blossoms intertwined with text sounds especially feminine to me, but, maybe you could get away with it if they were in black and gray or used muted tones with flowers that looked tattered or worn.

larz
Participant
@larz

i got a few blossoms in the background of my jap themed leg peice, with a kanji, lotus and a koi all intertwined into the tattoo also, in my opinion they arent feminine, they just remind me of a reflecting pool i saw in japan, which is where i actually sketched them up haha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.