collegetatt
@

So, I’m currently having some ideas drawn up for my next piece (half sleeve on my right arm). The sleeve is going to be an iconic Japanese landscape, comprised of waves, flowers, and the ocean. I’ve done some research, however I can’t find anything about the traditional meaning of this landscape. The tattoo has personal significance to myself, however I was just curious if anyone knew a little more about the traditional meaning behind the design. Does anyone have any ideas?

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee
collegetatt;72562 wrote:

So, I’m currently having some ideas drawn up for my next piece (half sleeve on my right arm). The sleeve is going to be an iconic Japanese landscape, comprised of waves, flowers, and the ocean. I’ve done some research, however I can’t find anything about the traditional meaning of this landscape. The tattoo has personal significance to myself, however I was just curious if anyone knew a little more about the traditional meaning behind the design. Does anyone have any ideas?

there are many landscapes like that and if you can actually post up a picture of what you mean, I can probably tell you the significance of that place, the artist, century it was done and what school of painting style it is.

Many japanese painters copied other painters’ works as a means of studying painting. You’re going to find some differences but for the most part, the main focus is the same.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
looney bin escapee;72590 wrote:
there are many landscapes like that and if you can actually post up a picture of what you mean, I can probably tell you the significance of that place, the artist, century it was done and what school of painting style it is.

Many japanese painters copied other painters’ works as a means of studying painting. You’re going to find some differences but for the most part, the main focus is the same.

thats hot…

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee
yodaddynukka;72594 wrote:
thats hot…

yodaddy…..you kill me. In a good way. 😮

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee

collegetatt, you can PM me if you like. I have my degree in Japanese art.

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee

well…….?

I guess somebody doesn’t need the help after all.

Nomad69
Participant
@nomad69

Looneybin….I’m going to hijack your attention for a few minutes if you don’t mind. My dad found some fantastic looking prints and while he knows a lot about western art, he knows little of those prints.

Would you mind checking them out? I’d have to take JPEG’s and send them as an email attachment for you to get the details. I had them both framed last year and have been wondering just how old they might be. His/My guess would be that they were printed around the late 19th century.

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee

sent you the reply.

those are beautiful prints.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.