SumDikHed
Participant
@sumdikhed

Hi, my name is Mike, just recently about a month ago I got a neck tattoo…Will post pic as soon as someone tells me how to upload pics from my pictures section.

Well basically I am just very upset and depressed with the tattoo as of now. When I got it for some reason it seemed like an awesome idea. But in reality I got it too high, and most people (old people and little girls for the most part) look at me like some sort of rebel/freak now.

It covers a large portion of the left side of my neck. And is of a dice, four cards, stars, and a skull. Its a pretty hot tattoo. But at the end of the day, it just isnt me. I have really never gambled a day in my life. I just liked the tat alot. But if I could remove it, I would definatley remove it. But I know how those things go.

So instead I am just worried about a cover-up. I need to make this tattoo more respectable. Will post a pic when I figure out how…

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

Its likely people will still be giving you the same looks with or without a cover-up.
It sounds like you’re unhappy about the placement, more than the tattoo itself, and I don’t think a cover-up will fix that.

You should laser it, if that’s what you want to do.
Or invest in some turtle necked shirts.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I agree with Gnarly. At this point there isn’t anything “more respectable” that you can cover this up with with out making the situation worse for yourself. As I see it, you have two choices.

1)Suck it up and live with your poorly thought out choice or
2) man up and get it lasered. this will probably leave a scar.

I hope your choice doesn’t affect your life and your career as you age.

knarF
Participant
@knarf

Was this your first tattoo?

Like the others said, whatever tattoo you have, if it’s on your neck, you’ll probably always get looks.
If you can’t afford/don’t want to get it lasered and can’t find a suitable cover up, there is always make up.
Sounds girly, but you can get foundation (or whatever) that can cover things like this up. I once saw a picture of that guy who’s tattoo’d like a zombie with foundation on his face and you couldn’t actually tell he had tattoos at all. But then, this would probably cost a lot of money to keep doing.

It’s sort of impossible for us to suggest a cover-up without seeing the tattoo, and even thien, you;re way better off having a conversation with an artist who you can sit down and talk to face to face.

FYI, to upload photo’s to a forum, either use the built in galleries, or join Photobucket and use the code it gives you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.