filmm
Participant
@filmm

I don’t know why, but I just hated them.

Any other people who went through the same sudden change ?

And here’s a friend of mine who tatted this young Iraqi kid in the U.S.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DVcTNv2xi4

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I’ve never hated them but I hate certain tattoos I see. Just like any art there is good stuff and bad stuff.
When I see really great tattoos, especially the kind I am intereted in, I can’t help but want them.

Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man

Ive always had a fascination with tattoos but its seeing the same old splash art stuff over and over that gets old I got into it for the originality and self expression

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I’ve always, and still do, hate shitty tattoos. I didn’t like tattoos until I saw a girl that had a freaking amazing lion head on her back. It literally looked like it was going to fly off her back and eat my face off. Since then I have enjoyed the process of finding an artist and getting high quality work.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

No I didnt like them at all. I’m with you. I was a good little girl and tattoos, piercings that weren’t ear lobes etc were bad.

Once I matured a bit i decided to get my upper ear pierced (still hated by my mother) and relaxed regarding body mods, but I still wasnt keen on tattoos. Then about two years ago I suddenly decided, for various reasons, that I wanted, or almost needed one. Since then I got into researching it, looking at magazines, and now I love nice ones 🙂 Got mine, broke my mother’s heart a bit. I spend half my time in public trying to subtly look at other people’s

Weird how you can suddenly change isn’t it? I think part of it is finding your own mind and not just accepting what you’re told by parents, society etc

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

I’ve always liked tattoos. My father had several, and they always fascinated me growing up.

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

ive always liked them, got my first when i was thirteen much to my mothers disgust, now im running out of room.
I see your mate doesnt have his machine or clipcord bagged or any cling film over his arm rest??? Not good stuff to be posting on here

dag24y
Participant
@dag24y

I’ve actually always loved tattoos and been obsessed with them. I mena, I don’t remember as a small child but as soon as I got the internet when I was 12 (22 now) I joined body mod forums and stuff even though I had none, just because I was fascinated and wanted to talk to people with tattoos. I didn’t get my first one until I was 20 because I put a lot of deliberation into it, and still only have three currently.

However, for a while I was against certain things, like, I thought I would never get a chest piece or any tattoos near my breasts or any tattoos on my forearm… But my third tattoo is on my forearm haha. And while I have no plans to getting any chest work done anytime soon, I am not at all opposed to it.

Also neck tattoos. I used to think they were unnattractive but now am thinking about it.

I guess it was less about hating tattoos/thinking it was “wrong” to get them in certain places and more about what I found aethetically pleasing. Like I just didn’t like the look of chest pieces until recently.

filmm
Participant
@filmm

Yeah I just didn’t like seeing them and the whole idea of losing your own skin for something you might like temporarily, but soon after I had my own tattoo, not only got into them. We went and shot a video by a director ( a friend of mine) and my best friend who got a tattoo and that was an emotional moment for me as well .. the kid’s mom’s gone and he finally got a tattoo he’s been wanting since Iraq for God’s sake.
The video I’m talking about is up there in the thread.. I don’t wanna “spam” again.

rap214
Participant
@rap214

I didn’t like tattoos until I became old enough to get one and started researching my family’s heritage. The irish side gave me the idea for the celtic cross while the english side led me to my family crest and motto. Since then I’ve been aching for a tattoo

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee

I’ve always liked tattoos.

Now I’ve changed and I love them. Not all designs that I see but for the most part, I love ’em.
So much so that I’ve done my degree in Japanese art so I know the folk lore, the stories and the designs/meanings.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.