gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

In between tattoos, that is.

Right now I just finished my first piece (well mostly, I’ll go in for a touch up, maybe) and I really want to start my next. I’ve always fancied the look of lots of tattoos & I’ve been bitten with the bug, clearly. I’m going to at least wait until this is completely healed before I make an appointment.

How long do you usually wait to embark on your next tattoo adventure?

Do you wait because of money woes? Social pressures? Searching for the right artist? Or any other reason?

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Well I have two others planned in my head, (both of them on my feet again!) but they are unlikely to ever come to fruition sadly. My boyfriend really doesn’t want me to get anymore, and whilst yes, it’s my body etc, he was really nice about me getting one despite not really liking them, so I feel respect for his opinion is important, and I am utterly in love with my current one.

If I WERE to tattoo my little dreams, I’d try and get one done this summer, because my favourite tattooist is the country for a convention so it’s a rare chance. I’ll just look through magazines instead I guess…..

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I have an idea, already talked to my artist but then our hours were cut at work so can’t afford anything yet………….starting to get withdrawal symptoms I think!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i have had waaaay to much chair time in the past year. between oct 2009 and present i have had 54 hours in the chair. i got back to back sessions (on different body parts) and sessions 5 days apart.

MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

For me its when i get an idea, and after i get it all worked out with how i want it. After that, its when i get a weird feeling like i should go set up an appointment now. So once i have the idea worked out enough i just do it whenever. Thats without having to worry about the cost at all, but now i am about to move from maryland to tampa for college so its gonna be a while until i get the next one, i want to keep using my artist in hanover, and moving and all will make tattoo funds a little harder to come by when you add a 600 mile flight in just to get to the shop.

kangarooman
Participant
@kangarooman

I usually wait around 3 months. I am lucky enough to have minimal expenses and I have a steady job so cost isn’t really that much of a concern. I usually have a couple ideas for tattoos in my head at like all times lol. But even if I have the money and the idea the way I want it….I normally wait about 3 months in between tattoos because I don’t want to feel like it’s an addiction lol…even tho it pretty much is. I’ve been thinking about saying eff it tho and I’m considering having a ton of tattooing done this year coming up. Living at home is awesome sometimes:) lol.

DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose

I wait long enough for my bank account to have a cushion for me to splurge, and until I have become obsessed over my next one to the point that I just cannot wait to get it. That way I know I am 100% set on the design and location. Because of both reasons it can take me a while between tattoos.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Personally I Make myself get used to my current tat before I look for the next. When I stop thinking “whoa, thats freaking COOL!” when I take my shirt off, that’s when I start the process. Usually I pick an artist that can’t take me right away and it can take some time before I finalize the elements of what I want in the tat.

Usually this means about 6 months to 2 years between tats. Good enough for me, I’m not sure if I want to be totally covered anyway.

Infamous78
Participant
@infamous78

As soon as one is finished and I have the funds for the next, that’s when I go get another.

itsofficial
Participant
@itsofficial

The only tattoos I have are two large pieces down my sides. Both times it’s worked about the same. Make an appointment to get it started, then finish the piece about two months after it’s started. That way it gives me time to get excited about what it’s going to look like finished without seeming like an addict(haha which I’m started to become), by adding new ink every couple months.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.