half_pint
Participant
@half_pint

Hi everyone,

Im thinking about getting ym first tattoo and aside from all the usual worries over pain and do i really want it there for the rest of my life sort of thinking, im worried more about the design i have in mind, despite the fact that im totally terrified from needles!! 🙁

My idea is to have a wrist tattoo, i want it in the inside of my right wrist, i plan for it to be around 5/6 inches long so the tattooist can get the detailing in and so the detail can be seen. The design is a wing, yes just one, in black with shading. It is a long ish wing with a sort of ribbon running over and twisting through it. My question is do you think it would look weird if i just had one wing? i dont want two on the same arm because, there isnt enough room. So was thinking maybe one on each arm, same size and same place so that if i put my wrists together, the pair of wings could be seen? Ive thought about putting them elsewhere like on my back but, i dont want to be like everyone else. I dont mean that in a bad way but there are loads of people with wings on there back, i want to be different.

Another suggestion is for a second tattoo is a small space cadet sort of cartoon character on my right hip, well more like below my hip and over towards my left side a bit. The problem with this one is i cant seem to find any sort of designs? Had any of you had this type of tattoo done? Also who would i go about getting a design maybe drawn up for me? Im hopeless at drawing so cant even put my idea down onto paper.

Hope some of you can help 🙂

HalfPint
XXXXX

vendetta-92
Participant
@vendetta-92

If you like it, do it. As for needles, When I took my army physical they drew my blood, and I about went bonkers. Getting a tattoo, on the other hand, isn’t anything like that. I see it as simply roughing skin up, rather than going in. I even watched for a few minutes on my first one. Itll all be pretty slick for ya.

half_pint
Participant
@half_pint

Thankyou for your reply, i suppose i just worry about people thinking my ink doesnt look good :S Anyway i think im going to get both pieces done, just have to sort out a good tattooist in the North West 🙂

vendetta-92
Participant
@vendetta-92

Some people have absolutely retatrded ideas and make them awesome. Ive heard of getting CUPCAKES tattooed, and thought it was insanley retarded. Then I saw a picture of one a really good artist did and was corrected. SO, spend the extra money, get a real good artist to do it. And I would also recommend getting two on either arm raher than just one.

TRILOBYTER
Participant
@trilobyter

It hurts for sure,but its worthy. The needles are scary but i personally watch the process and when its on the arm its really cool. The other spots are more painful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.