damo82
@

hi was just wondering if anybody else had encountered problems with skin not holding the ink?!

I am in the process of having a 3/4 sleeve, and the top half of my arm is finished with VERY bright colour, and no problems whatsoever, but for some reason my forearm will not seem to hold the ink anything like as well, and no where near as bright.

my artist has even gone over the area 3 times now, and it is possibly a little better than to begin with, but still nowhere near as vibrant and consistant as my upper arm, it also seems to heal differently – much more flaky, the colour looks kind of broken and patchy.

thanks 🙂

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Get away from that scratcher your working with and find someone that knows what they are doing.

my artist has even gone over the area 3 times

Are you fucking kidding? Three times?
Maybe by the fifth or sixth time it will stick.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Forget about that last post, this is what you do:

Take a sheet of sand paper (fine grit like 400, for obvious reasons) and sand the area for approimatly 1 hour. Take a hand full salt and rub into sanded area. When the stinging stops, you piss on the area (to disinffect) and dry with a dirty sock.

If this dosen’t work, nothing will.

Good Luck!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

If you are having issues with the ink falling out it is because the skin is being overworked and the artist is going too hard on the area.

If you have had it worked on 3 times without 6 week intervals your arm beneath the surface is going to be a mass of unhealed scar tissue and the pigment is simply not going to hold. It is the same as pouring water into a bucket filled with hundreds of tiny holes.

My advice is leave your arm alone for the next 2-3 months to give it time to heal and then take it to another artist who should be able to fill in the damaged areas.

That amount of damaged skin is going to require an experienced artist to work a cover fill over it.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.