Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Hello all

It’s looking like I’ll finally be getting the tattoo either this week or next. One exam to go and then I’m free to get it organised!

Now, every piece of aftercare I’ve read has said, avoid soaking, don’t go swimming, etc etc. All well and good. I’ve failed to find one that says how long for? One week? two?

Is it to do with water getting into the wound or something.

Thanks in advance for help!

Poesy

Triliaeris
Participant
@triliaeris

When I got my first one, my tattoo artist said not to do those things until it has completely healed which for me, took about four weeks.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

I think it has more to do with fading. Pool chlorine will fade a fresh tattoo and also soften scabs. Not to say you can’t swim, you should avoid any prolonged soak until healed.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

People piss in it
Fish fornicate in it
sewers discharge into it
infected bits are washed in it
and you will have an open wound!!!

I think thats why no swimming and I would always wait till its all better.

Sweet dreams lol

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

I sort of meant swimming pools, which are chlorinated, but I’m keep rivers and oceans in mind!

SarahSmurf
Participant
@sarahsmurf

i’ve had my tattoos a year and im still scared to go swimming… lol but im a loser 🙂

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

2 weeks is the min for most ppl but can be upto 4 weeks.

No swimming or soaking the tattoo until the surface is fully healed. I would even suggest 6 weeks if you are swimming in an ocean as the salt can really hurt.

Take Care
Matthew

ElevenEleven
Participant
@eleveneleven

2-3 weeks has always worked well for me. I tried after 1 week once which was a huge fuckin mistake. It pulled out a bunch of colour and faded the hell out of the tattoo. Stupid ElevenEleven.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.