juanguizano
Participant
@juanguizano

Hey guys can you give me some idea on what to do on my cross tattoo, I want to make it large but I don’t know what design fits on it. Thanks.

mytattooe.jpg

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

What do you want to do with it?
Enlarge the cross itself, or make it into a more elaborate piece?

Personally, I’d ask my tattoo artist what his ideas were.

juanguizano
Participant
@juanguizano
Jubakuba;68224 wrote:
What do you want to do with it?
Enlarge the cross itself, or make it into a more elaborate piece?

Personally, I’d ask my tattoo artist what his ideas were.

I want to put background on it, but I don’t know how what background fits on it.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

I’m thinking you could use Giotto’s Arena Chapel as a jumping off point.

lastJudgmentGiotto.jpg

Now, obviously, you can’t get ALL of that in there unless you went full back piece, and honestly it wouldn’t fit the style, but the idea is there. It shows the scene from Revelation where Jesus shows back up and separates the goats from the sheep. On his right are those people he’s sending to hell, on the right, the saved. Jesus rises in glory above the cross, and is surrounded by the twelve apostles. In the lower left hand corner, you see Satan tormenting the damned.

My favorite detail of this piece you can’t really see in this pic unless you’re looking for it is the man behind the cross. In a typical piece of Giotto humor, that sinner bastard is trying to sneak his way out of hell and into heaven from behind the cross. All I can say is rock on my brother. Rock on.

Either way, using this as a jumping off point, I think your artist could make you a seriously epic tattoo.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
juanguizano;68208 wrote:
Hey guys can you give me some idea on what to do on my cross tattoo, I want to make it large but I don’t know what design fits on it. Thanks.

This is waaaaay too vague. More details will allow us to help you more. At this point, Knighthawks idea is a good one. So is a dragon. or a horse. Or a rainbow. or a thimble. Or a 3-d box. or a clown. or grass. or a moped.

See? we need more info on what you like and what you want.

juanguizano
Participant
@juanguizano
Gsouder;68337 wrote:
This is waaaaay too vague. More details will allow us to help you more. At this point, Knighthawks idea is a good one. So is a dragon. or a horse. Or a rainbow. or a thimble. Or a 3-d box. or a clown. or grass. or a moped.

See? we need more info on what you like and what you want.

I want a demon hanging on the cross. What do you think?

juanguizano
Participant
@juanguizano

Hey guys, what do you think of a tribal design for the extension and background of my cross? :confused:

kangarooman
Participant
@kangarooman

I say roll with some roses and maybe some clouds above it. That would look pretty classic and would go well with it.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly
juanguizano;69175 wrote:
Hey guys, what do you think of a tribal design for the extension and background of my cross? :confused:

I think you’re better off with the demon than the tribal.
There really are so many things you can do with it. I like KnightHawks idea so far.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.