Krinh
Participant
@krinh

I’m a very small guy. I’ve been twiggish my entire life, but I’ve always wanted a few tattoos that I’ve kept in mind. I want to know if a really skinny guy can still look good in tattoos on the arm. If not, should I just go about getting it now and then worry about working out later, or if I should be working out now and then getting the tattoo later.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
Krinh;67239 wrote:
I’m a very small guy. I’ve been twiggish my entire life, but I’ve always wanted a few tattoos that I’ve kept in mind. I want to know if a really skinny guy can still look good in tattoos on the arm. If not, should I just go about getting it now and then worry about working out later, or if I should be working out now and then getting the tattoo later.

Good question. I’m a little scrawny myself. Here’s my logic when it comes to tattoos/size

I’m old enough to know how much activity I’m going to have on average. Meaning, I’m probably not going to go to the gym and get super buff from where I’m at but at the same time I won’t let myself become a slob either. So I’ve found a happy medium and therefore I am ready for my sleeve.

It’s kind of a catch 22. If you get buff first and get your tat and then you get unbuff in a year or two it could look a little weird. If you get the tat now and then get buff it also could look a little weird. I would work on finding a happy medium and stick with that.

X-pressive
Participant
@x-pressive

Go big bro….! If there aint much there, it wont take much to cover LOL.
Seriously mate, go get your tatt. Tattoos enhance the body with magic!! 😀

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Unless the tattoo is very delicate (detailed fineline portraiture), and you swell up HUGE, you should be fine.
I have seen tatts after weight gain, and the stretching is not as bad as you would think. You may need to get colored areas touched up due to light spots, but it really depend.
Get your ink!

Krinh
Participant
@krinh

Thanks guys, this really helped out. I’m thinking I’ll get it in a few months. I still have a lot of things to get finished up like working out how I’ll do college and whatnot, and if I’ll still like this tattoo in 6 weeks. I’m one of those people who can never hold the same decision for much longer than a day, so maybe in a month I’ll think the tattoo is a stupid idea.

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

As our registered tattoo guru says…
Unless the weight gain (or buffness :o) is extreme and fast…your tattoos should be fine.

Also, tattoos have a strange way of boosting confidence. So even if you aren’t in love with your arms the way they are…getting them inked may help you like them a tad bit more as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.