irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

I’m open to any and all suggestions here. Mainly I have 2 questions…

I’m looking for a music theme full sleeve tattoo. I’m looking for a piece to represent various different genres of music:

The background will consist of mainly fire and smoke surrounding each individual piece. Also, the entire thing will be done in black/grey.

Classical – the circle of fifths
blues – 2 roadsigns of US-61 and US-49 (the crossroads where Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil for his musical talent)
punk rock– I’m thinking a ‘punk rock skull’ (still not 100% sure if that’s the best representation for punk rock)
Classic rock – Not 100% sure, but I’m leaning towards the wall from Pink Floyd…just a simple brick wall
Acoustic music – Not 100% sure, but I’m thinking an acoustic guitar embedded in with the background
Grunge – no clue
Metal – I already have this part finished

My questions are:

1.) Does anyone have any suggestions for what I could use to represent punk rock, classic rock, and acoustic music?
2.) Do you think I’d be able to make all this flow nicely together by using a fire/smoke background theme? Or does anyone have any suggestions on how to make all these little pieces look like one consistent theme?

Here’s some images of what I currently am sure about:

The ‘metal’ section:
rightarmtattoafter.jpg

The ‘classical’ section:
circleoffifths.jpg

The ‘blues’ section:
crossroadstattoo.jpg

Thanks!!

Chapter2
Participant
@chapter2

1.) Does anyone have any suggestions for what I could use to represent punk rock, classic rock, and acoustic music?right off hand i would think for punk a dope rockabilly zombie screaming into a mic,Classic Rock,possibly something like a traditional skull and roses,only thing i can think of for Acoustic would be a Acoustic guitar maybe leaning on a stool(kinda cheesy but its the only thing i could come up with)
2.) Do you think I’d be able to make all this flow nicely together by using a fire/smoke background theme? Or does anyone have any suggestions on how to make all these little pieces look like one consistent theme?if its all music related id try maybe music notes coming off all the main pieces and laying onto a music scale backround,just a thought,,sounds kinda cool but wouldnt know how it looks till its on paper

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

The usual sign of punk would be the “exploited” skill, and a dog tak with the A(Anarchy) on it.
You could somehow get them related…the dog tag is coming out of the skull’s mouth?
As for the classic rock…. 2 guitars burning, like this pic:
http://www.timelesstracks.com/acatalog/classic_rock_cd3_large.jpg

Would look pretty sweet. =0
Darn.. I’m using this on my own music sleeve XD

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301
Chapter2;67084 wrote:
1.) Does anyone have any suggestions for what I could use to represent punk rock, classic rock, and acoustic music?right off hand i would think for punk a dope rockabilly zombie screaming into a mic,Classic Rock,possibly something like a traditional skull and roses,only thing i can think of for Acoustic would be a Acoustic guitar maybe leaning on a stool(kinda cheesy but its the only thing i could come up with)
2.) Do you think I’d be able to make all this flow nicely together by using a fire/smoke background theme? Or does anyone have any suggestions on how to make all these little pieces look like one consistent theme?if its all music related id try maybe music notes coming off all the main pieces and laying onto a music scale backround,just a thought,,sounds kinda cool but wouldnt know how it looks till its on paper

Hmm…thanks for the ideas. I like the rockabilly zombie and the skull and roses…that all kinda ties in with the metal theme that I already have too… The more I think about it, I’m not even sure about this genres of music sleeve theme….Actually, I’m thinking WAY TOO MUCH about it in general…actually, this is the most thought I ever put into a tattoo!

I’m not sure about the music notes and music scale background though. I’m still going for a more ‘evil’ look! The metal part already has smoke and fire, so that is why I wanted to stick with that.

-DMD-;67101 wrote:
The usual sign of punk would be the “exploited” skill, and a dog tak with the A(Anarchy) on it.
You could somehow get them related…the dog tag is coming out of the skull’s mouth?
As for the classic rock…. 2 guitars burning, like this pic:
http://www.timelesstracks.com/acatalog/classic_rock_cd3_large.jpg

Would look pretty sweet. =0
Darn.. I’m using this on my own music sleeve XD

Good call on the punk ideas! I think the classic rock idea might also go well right underneath of what I’ve got already….thanks for the suggestions bud!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.