jamesbaa
Participant
@jamesbaa

Following on from my introduction thread! Im after a waterfall with brightly coloured flower’s inshort!

Do bright colours still fade over time or is that now a thing of the past? I was once told never to get yellow tattooed on you because they fade very quickly i was wondering if this is still the case and if so are there anyother colours to avoid

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

yes, the pigments still do fade. and it isnt just yellow, its all the inks. the only thing is that the lighter the color is, the faster it will fade. so yellow will fade faster than say, purple. thats just the way it works. however, there is a remedy for the fading! its called touch ups! ha. you just go in every few years and have it touched up again.

also, a tip to slow the fading of your ink: take good care of your skin! lotion it daily, and put on sunscreen when you are outdoors. your art will last much longer that way

GlennWills
Participant
@glennwills

I think it’s all a big variable. I’ve got white on my right arm that’s been there for 14 years and everyone told me it’d fade out in months. But I’ve got purple on my forearm that faded within months of getting it and is a lot lighter than it was a decade ago.

But yeah, just get it touched up. Not a big deal and nothing you can really do to “stop” fading, just slow it down.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.