Jlin
Participant
@jlin
markh;67199 wrote:
I believe if you are good at your job and act professional the tattoos won’t matter.

I would say that is true in most cases where you are not in contact with customers. However, if your boss really hates tattoos even your performance may not matter. It’s sad, but it’s the truth.
Also, you may not even get certain jobs in the first place, so at least for an interview I’d cover them up.

Still, if you really want to get a sleeve and are ok with wearing long shirts every day to cover it up in case your superiors give you any problems, then I’d say go for it! Your job is a part of your life but it’s not all that matters, so if a full sleeve makes you happy – do it! As long as you are aware of the potential consequences
I don’t think you’ll regret it, it sounds like you thought a lot about it.

Ofsoundandfury
Participant
@ofsoundandfury

dude, im like exactly the same as you man!
its like reading my own life.
fucking go for it!
if its to do with music you wont regret it, you’ll just look back and worst case smile about how important it was to you!
thats my opinion anyway!

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

Every single person I’ve talked to about this said it was an awesome idea, and to go for it. Even my one buddy who really doesn’t care for tattoos at all said that the idea I have is awesome!!!

I’ve been wearing long sleeve shirts to work lately to ‘prepare’ myself before I actually have the ink on there. Actually, it forces me to dress more professionally then how I was before. I used to wear untucked polo shirts all the time. Now, I’m wearing tucked in, long-sleeved shirts. If anything, my boss is probably happier with how I’m dressing now.

I have the appointment tommorow, and I know exactly what I’m getting done. I’m pretty stoked (yet still slightly nervous at the same time). I haven’t had this type of anticipation feeling for a tattoo since my very first one….I guess that’s the difference between finally going ‘visible’.

Jlin
Participant
@jlin

Good luck! And please show us the results ๐Ÿ™‚

Phat_Goddess
Participant
@phat_goddess

My first tattoo is on my inner forearm and she’s about 6 or so inches long and my job allows “small” tattoos to show that are unoffensive…which is bs but still. I have to wear long sleeves and i dont care i got what i wanted as long as you can handle the long sleeve thing go for it. I actually went and bought sleeves from ebay for $5 so that way i don’t have to wear 2 shirts in the summer coz my job gets freakin roasty lol. It’s always a tough desicion money is a good thing, now spend it on your tattoo and a new long sleever shirt wardrobe ๐Ÿ˜› lol good luck

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.