DizziDip
Participant
@dizzidip

Afternoon,

For those of us with respective others, and especially those who’s respective other are naked of any ink, can i ask what reaction you are greeted with when you mention that you are adding to your ink collection?

I only ask as i was having a random conversation with my oh last night and mentioned that i was thinking of having something on my calf, and he was horrified and started banging on that i had enough and that any more i’d start looking like a sailor (!!!WTF??!!) :confused:

I am currently in talks and mid design with my tattooist of something i want across my shoulders (which by the way he is ignoring, possibly in the hope that it wont happen!!!), and the leg was just a comment as i was wearing a skirt yesterday (well the sun was out!) and i realised just how naked my legs look so i reckon that will be my next canvas ๐Ÿ˜€

On a personal level i dont actually give a flying figg what he thinks, it my leg and my descion end of, but i was just wondering if any of you have the same conversation when you get any new ink?

Love to all
D xx

dolf_peeters
Participant
@dolf_peeters

Hey,

I currently have 3 small tattoos, the largerst on is 3″ * 2″ so they are by no means big.

My wife was constanly saying she thinks I have enough tattoos now?! we recently had a son and I have my first sitting booked to get a 1/2 sleeve with his name on it at the start of June. Today in the car, out of nowhere she said that would want to be the end of the tattoos ……. my reply was that we obviously couldnt have more kids either… as the next kid would feel left out if it didnt get its own tat!

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Past girlfriends have all been fine with my ink. I dont think i could date anyone who doesnt like tattoos, as mine are large and somewhat visible.

mikey_ink
Participant
@mikey_ink

My wifey is old fashioned and doesn’t care for tattoos. She was against me getting mine however she did say that it was my body and my choice. She feels pretty strongly about me not getting anymore however haha.

I will say this though… I am a huge fan of seeing some cool, quality ink on someone whether the subject matter is to my liking or not. I believe a tattoo is a piece of art that should be seen from time to time and not hidden. It took me a long time to figure out exactaly what I wanted and I’m glad I did because different life experiences shaped a complete piece. I don’t have a problem with respecting my wife’s opinion, after all she is my wife and her opinions matter to the overall well being of our relationship. I don’t see an empty canvas when I look at the rest of my body that doesn’t contain ink.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

I have a girlfriend of 4 years and even though she has supported me and my tats, the thought of ones on my sides really has her furious. We have a very strong relationship, VERY strong. I went on to tell her my idea to run scorpions on both sides of my hips to cover up some stretch marks from working out and growing.

The look she gave me was like something out of “Little Nicky.” 88642851.jpg
She literally turned from angel, to demon in all of the 5-10 seconds it took me to tell her. My response:

“I do nothing but take care of you to the point of me sacrificing myself to put you ahead of me. I’ve treated you like gold the last 4 years and have supported you in all your decisions which effects your future endeavors, because I love you. If you want to get mad over a tattoo, something that I WANT, then you don’t deserve me. If I’m going to be handcuffed the rest of my life, I might as well do atleast ONE thing I love to do, and I love tattoos. If you don’t like it, then that says a lot about you as a person the last 4 years.”

Her response:

” ….. “

I win.:D

Phat_Goddess
Participant
@phat_goddess

My husband doesn’t really care too much…but then again I’ve only gotten one so far (lack of money). I’ve mentioned that I basically have like 4 designed, and still doesn’t really say he cares lol. Originally I don’t think he thought I’d get it. I think he thought I’d chicken out haha ๐Ÿ™‚ .

DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose

My husband has always been supportive of me getting tattoos. But I think he kind of knew what he was getting into since I already had some tattoos when we met and I talked about my plans for a lot more. The most discussion we have about my tattoos is when it comes to finances and it is usually along the lines of me just warning him that I’m planning some more work and it won’t be cheap ๐Ÿ˜‰

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

Well I havent had that issue. My few ex’s either had tattoos or wanted one (and only didnt have one because of lack of money). Currently I am single (and only have 1 tat but in about 12 hours I am scheduled for my 2nd ๐Ÿ˜€ which means i’m about to head for sleep to be well rested) Whenever I am in a relationship again…who knows…I have plans for more than this 2nd one so if they don’t like it…oh well that ain’t gonna stop me. I will care about their opinion but I prolly won’t have the problem of them disliking tats anyway but if they do I just might end up with that conversation. Right now i’m single though and therefor don’t have to answer to anyone ๐Ÿ˜€

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

this is why i dont really do relationships… they always end up with one person or the other trying to be controlling. tell him eff off, its your body.

thats what i always do, i dont care what anyone else’s opinion is. if i want something or want to do something, i do it. screw what other people think. just food for thought. if its what you want, why should his opinion matter to you?

DizziDip
Participant
@dizzidip

Thanks for all you opinions ๐Ÿ™‚

I listen to his opinions, and i sort of care (care enough to listen!) but it is up to me at the end of the day and i think that we are both in silent agreeent of that fact.

Anyway i have had to postpone the start of my shoulder tattoo cos my master cylinder went on my car ๐Ÿ™ and ended up costing me nigh on ยฃ200 ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

So the money i had to one side to start on my tat had to go on getting my motor fixed. Brakes are an advantage when driving LOL!!!!

Love to all
xx

GlennWills
Participant
@glennwills

Hmmm, 80% or so of my upper torso (maybe more, would need to be better at math to figure it out) is tattooed. I think I’m past the point where it could be a sticking point in a relationship. I’m also into the “lifestyle scene” (I hate that term) which means traveling for conventions, I’m required to go show off my work from my tattooist (how I get such a good rate), so yeah it’s too late for me.

Now, back when this all started and I decided to go whole hearted into this, anyone who wanted to be with me in a relationship had to deal with it. If they couldn’t deal with it, nice meeting you and don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

very interesting topic… I have three visible tats on my forearms. . and I told my girlfriend this is one of my lifelong dreams, and i’ll end up spending at least 10 grand by the time i’m done, i have plans for twenty more tattoos…

She thinks the current ones are sexy, was turned off to the idea of me getting any tats on my face… understandable. .

We recently discussed this actually. . It is the only vice I have.. I don’t smoke, drink, do any drugs. . She agreed that she’s ok with it.:)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.