Zukei
Participant
@zukei

Hey everyone, my name’s Brad and basically I just turned 18 last year and I’ve finally decided to get a tattoo but I’m worried about the future state of it. Obviously being this young my body will still be growing and my question is, if I get it done now, will it be altered much by the time my body stops growing? If it helps at all, I want the tattoo to span from my chest and across my shoulder blade and shoulder going towards my tricep.

Thanks for any input you can give.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

It will only be effected if you have massive weight gain or loss. So as long as you are not using steroids or growth hormones you will be fine.

Out of interest what are you getting done?

Take care
Matthew

Zukei
Participant
@zukei

Thanks, that comforts me a lot. Tbh I’m not quite sure, I was always going to get a black Tribal based tattoo with other personal meanings incorporated into it. However, when I came here I saw some of the colour work and it looks absolutely amazing.

I’d like to design it myself but even though I’ve been labelled as quite artistic I don’t seem to have the power to get the ideas from my own head down on to paper. One of my first ideas was a dragon that had the same attributes as myself from the japanese/chinese cultures but it’s hard to find definite meanings that aren’t false (kind of like how you see people with japanese kanji tattooed on themselves that don’t mean what they thought they did). Sorry about all those small details I went into, but I’m only thinking of getting one tattoo, or in one area, for the entirety of my life so I want it to be perfect.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
Zukei;65555 wrote:
Sorry about all those small details I went into, but I’m only thinking of getting one tattoo, or in one area, for the entirety of my life so I want it to be perfect.

good to know your thinking it out real good before you jump in and get something done. a ton of people just jump in and get one “just because” and regret it later because they didnt put much thought into the fact that its PERMANENT.

oh, and just a heads up… tattoos are definitly addicting ๐Ÿ˜›

Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985

A lot of thought is what is needed when making a tattoo choice.

Not sure if it is the same as your thought, but I have lots of personal things dotted around on my arm with a tribal design acting as a frame for each piece and tying it all up together. Worked really well so I am waiting on my artist finishing it off by doing the rest of my arm.

Scissors
Participant
@scissors

With risk of sounding repetetive:
As Sherav said, the tattoos will only be affected if you gain or lose a lot, but it think it also has to do with how fast. Steroids for example may cause your skin to burst which may damage the tattoo. However, when you grow at normal speed the skin stretches naturally.

Just a question about the meanings of your ideas. If you for example want an Asian dragon, why don’t you get it? Opposed to kanji, which do have a specific meaning (soup means soup, not uniqe), what it truly means is your own definition. It will probably always remember you of the time you had it made and what was going on in your life at that time. Timeless is a concept that just isn’t that applicable to humans. There’s no way you’ll feel and look at the world the same way you do when you’re 28 or 58 as when you’re 18. Or perhaps you think you wont change ever? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Zukei
Participant
@zukei
Scissors;65853 wrote:
With risk of sounding repetetive:
As Sherav said, the tattoos will only be affected if you gain or lose a lot, but it think it also has to do with how fast. Steroids for example may cause your skin to burst which may damage the tattoo. However, when you grow at normal speed the skin stretches naturally.

Just a question about the meanings of your ideas. If you for example want an Asian dragon, why don’t you get it? Opposed to kanji, which do have a specific meaning (soup means soup, not uniqe), what it truly means is your own definition. It will probably always remember you of the time you had it made and what was going on in your life at that time. Timeless is a concept that just isn’t that applicable to humans. There’s no way you’ll feel and look at the world the same way you do when you’re 28 or 58 as when you’re 18. Or perhaps you think you wont change ever? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Adding on to the dragon concept, I was thinking of a samurai fighting/killing one of the Asian styled dragons. It would represent the values that the Samurai live by (Bushido) conquering those of the specific colour/meaning dragon that I would get.

Thanks for the input, just to give you another idea of how much my body might change, I’m very skinny. I’m 6’2 and usually about 70kg, a bit less at the moment because I just got off holidays. I’m hoping that I’ll fill out soon to a much more appropriate weight for my height but if it happens after I get the tattoo, I was just concerned about the outcome. Maybe I’m just worrying too much though?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.