1LoneWolf
Participant
@1lonewolf

Hello,
I have been diagnosed with Hep C recently.
I‘m only into week 2 of 24 for treatments.
When I’m done with my treatments I’m hoping to get a new Tat.
Will Tattoo artist be willing to work on me?

Thanx

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

just dont tell the artist you have hep c…. the artist should be using new, sterile equipment for evey piece, so as long as it isnt some scratcher in his kitchen, it shouldnt be a problem.

1LoneWolf
Participant
@1lonewolf

I agree, the shop should be qualified to do the job with out knowing, but I can’t remember if it was on the sheet you have to fill out.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I don’t see any reason why they should not be able to tattoo you but I strongly disagree with not telling them that you have a contagious disease that is transmitted by blood in a tattoo shop. If nothing else it will keep them looking for things like holes in their gloves which they may or may not pay as close attention to if they didn’t know.

There is no reason for them to say no to you but there are extra precautions they could take to protect themselves and their clients.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I’d imagine that there would be quite a few tattooists who won’t tattoo you

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Legally you have to disclose that you have a communicable disease.:eek:
Morally and ethically you have to do so, because you are exposing The tattooist, everyone in the shop, and everyone they come into contact with. Failure to disclose exposes you to liability from lawsuits whether you infect the tattooist or not. Most tattooists will not tattoo you. Keep shopping until you find one that will. Why would you knowingly withhold having a medical condition that puts people at risk just to get tattoo work done?:confused: I would tattoo you, but I would be extra careful, and take extra precautions.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I think you should be upfront with your potential tattoo artist, it isn’t fair to put others at risk of catching a communicable disease. Good luck with your search for someone to do your work, it may take a while to find someone willing to tattoo you but you will be better thought of for being honest.

iMark
Participant
@imark

I’d always be upfront. In the UK I’ve always had to sign a form disclosing this sort of information, and regardless, I’d rather make sure the artist is aware of what they’re getting into so they can take what additional precautions they deem necessary.

If they turn you down – so be it. It should be their decision to make.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

i agree, i think you should say something so the artist can decide for themselves. they may want to wear an eye mask or face mask for added protection.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I have spoken with a few artists today with regards to this. Out of the 5, 3 (the other 2 said that they do not tattoo anybody with any reported illness even a cold) stated that they would be willing to do a tattoo on somebody with HIV or Hep but stated that would need to know up front because they would add some extra precautions;

Face Mask.

Glasses.

Sterile wrap across the door.

The reason for this is that blood spray fills the air and Hep C is still infectious in dried blood. This is not meant to cause offence but it is meant to minimise the risk of infection of a third-party.

Just be upfront about it a professional will know what they are doing and should not be a problem.

Take Care
Matthew

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Matthew you are a star every time I read a post made by you I am left feeling a little smarter and a little happier.

Apostle 228 you are a cock who needs a slap. To advise someone to conceal something like hep is not only illigal its a cun*s trick and should earn you a good slap in this life if not the next.
Twice I have seen you name on a post and both times you have made yourself look like a bellend if I lived near you I would love to say this to your face to see how brave you are without the protection of the internet if I was the admin of this site I would ban your arse and if I was God I would make sure you were unable to procreate.

Deep breath walk away…….

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
Cornishtiger;65017 wrote:
Matthew you are a star every time I read a post made by you I am left feeling a little smarter and a little happier.

Apostle 228 you are a cock who needs a slap. To advise someone to conceal something like hep is not only illigal its a cun*s trick and should earn you a good slap in this life if not the next.
Twice I have seen you name on a post and both times you have made yourself look like a bellend if I lived near you I would love to say this to your face to see how brave you are without the protection of the internet if I was the admin of this site I would ban your arse and if I was God I would make sure you were unable to procreate.

Deep breath walk away…….

i dont know where your from, but where im from concealing that sort of thing isnt illegal… and if the artist is doing his job right it wouldn’t make a difference what disease someone had, as it is completely sterile if the artist does what he or she is supposed to.

im not using the internet as a way to “look tough”. i simply do as i please, and if someone asks for advice, i give them my opinion. sure, it may not be the answer everyone agrees with, but its the right answer for me.

i wouldnt mind you saying anything to my face, as i wouldnt take offence to what you had to say. because i really dont give a rats ass what anyone has to say, unless i am asking for their opinions.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger
Apostle 228;65026 wrote:
i dont know where your from, but where im from concealing that sort of thing isnt illegal… and if the artist is doing his job right it wouldn’t make a difference what disease someone had, as it is completely sterile if the artist does what he or she is supposed to.

im not using the internet as a way to “look tough”. i simply do as i please, and if someone asks for advice, i give them my opinion. sure, it may not be the answer everyone agrees with, but its the right answer for me.

i wouldnt mind you saying anything to my face, as i wouldnt take offence to what you had to say. because i really dont give a rats ass what anyone has to say, unless i am asking for their opinions.

Rubbish it took me 30 seconds to find out that in the state of CA you have Mandatory Reporting of Infectious Diseases.
What tattoo studio do you know that takes precautions against every disease that could walk in through the door.
As the Matthew pointed out hep can be spread by airbourne particles and unless your working in a studio set up to deal with that, and none are, it makes a huge difference what diseases a customer has
your reply showed a total lack of understanding regarding the word sterile (no studio is actually sterile, if an artist claims to be sterile they are talking about the ability to have kids I promise you) as well as a total lack of respect towards artists and other customers and if whoever works on was reading I would expect them to be upset at your lack of interestin thier safety.

1LoneWolf
Participant
@1lonewolf

I agree with everyone that I should inform them. I really wasn’t concerned about that.

I just wondered if they would consider doing it after telling them.

I sure appreciate all the info and input.

Please continue to comment, I’m sure others also may have the same or similar situation and concerns.

Thanx to everyone for thier time,

and thanx to Sherav for some real concrete info.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
Cornishtiger;65030 wrote:
Rubbish it took me 30 seconds to find out that in the state of CA you have Mandatory Reporting of Infectious Diseases.
What tattoo studio do you know that takes precautions against every disease that could walk in through the door.
As the Matthew pointed out hep can be spread by airbourne particles and unless your working in a studio set up to deal with that, and none are, it makes a huge difference what diseases a customer has
your reply showed a total lack of understanding regarding the word sterile (no studio is actually sterile, if an artist claims to be sterile they are talking about the ability to have kids I promise you) as well as a total lack of respect towards artists and other customers and if whoever works on was reading I would expect them to be upset at your lack of interestin thier safety.

well, thats strange, then it must not be a big deal here in CA… because every shop i have ever been to has never had any of those “liability forms” or anything like that that people talk about, and none of them have ever asked me if i have any diseases.

in my opinion, if the artist cannot guarantee that you wont get a blood borne disease from them working on you, then they should not be in business. no, no shop is completely sterile, its not a surgery center for cryin out loud, its a tattoo shop. but their EQUIPMENT should be sterile with every new tattoo. that, i KNOW is required. so, even if their shop is not “sterile” it is their responsibility to make sure that their equipment is. Which means, once again, it shouldnt matter if someone has the sickness when they get tattooed, as the equipment will be sterilized before they use it on anyone else. that is why god invented the autoclave.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.