NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

I’m still in the process of finishing a Superman half sleeve tattoo. As most of you may know, I had Superman fixed pretty nicely, which was my first step.

It scabbed so bad, that when I got in the shower, I tried to avoid contact with water, but when I patted the tattoo, the scabs cracked, and they peeled off, pulling the ink out of his arm, and some in his other.

I got the tattoo done Jan.21st and this happened about a week in a half during it’s healing process. Since then, I went to my artist to check it out and she said it healed terribly and I told her about the bad scabbing and what happened. She said she won’t be able to touch it up for at least another month, maybe two.

It looks like scar tissue, but it’s not popped out far, it rises occasionally. Still seems a bit raw. It’s just REALLY red and I’ve been using scarring creme to treat it and hopefully reduce the redness. My next tat appointment is April 20th, hopefully it will be healed for a touchup. What do you guys think?

redscaring.jpg
^ This is the red-est part of the tattoo once the ink seemingly came off.

tattooscarring2.jpg
This side isn’t at bad as far as raw-ness, but clearly is red to where the ink may have pulled out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

First of all stop worrying. The tattoo is healing ok and the scar tissue below is going to be just fine but it will take around 8 weeks to settle.

The main thing is do not pick, pat, play or mess about the area of skin – you will start to form a silky/silvery layer before long and the urge to pull it off is huge.

Just make sure it has plenty of air and moisturise it with non-scented.

Patience is the key and it will ink back over fine as long as you leave it to heal.

Take Care
Matthew

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Okay, that’s comforting news.

I am involved in many fitness programs around the community and I train a good bunch. I tend to sweat a lot too. I try to pat my tat as much as possible when it sweats.. there’s just nothing I can do. Will the lotions tame it down once I wash it after sweating?

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
NeverBSatisfied;64430 wrote:
Okay, that’s comforting news.

I am involved in many fitness programs around the community and I train a good bunch. I tend to sweat a lot too. I try to pat my tat as much as possible when it sweats.. there’s just nothing I can do. Will the lotions tame it down once I wash it after sweating?

Don’t worry so much about sweat, as long as its your own we are talking about. Your body is immune to your own sweat of course. Therefore you shouldn’t get an infection from that. Maybe if you rinse it off with luke warm water after sweating alot would be fine.

Gym
Participant
@gym

I spend a lot of my time fixing other peoples tatoos and i see this sort of thing a lot. It has healed quite badly. Sweating on a fresh tattoo is detrimental not only because it may cause infection but because your sweat contains concentrated salt and minerals which is the equivalent of jumping in the ocean right after you get tattooed. it will cause heavy scabbing which will cause pigment to drop out. You will have to be a little patient waiting for the touch up because if you do it too early that pink scarr tissue will not hold the pigment. It could take up to 5 months to heal sufficiently.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

I’m not sure if it’s available in USA but if you can get your hands on some ‘bio oil’ it’s amazing stuff for scars. I’m gonna sound like I sell the stuff for a living but I swear by it. It makes almost every type of scar almost invisible after a few weeks of use.

I have surgery scars from when I was young and it made them disappear almost entirely. It’ll help in reducing the redness and get your skin back up to a good tattooing condition in no time ๐Ÿ™‚

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Once again, great info guys. Much appreciated. It seems to be coming along fine as of now. I’ll check out that stuff Nerdbane! Thanks again peeps!

Edit: Nerdbane, I did some research on Bio-oil, and the customer reviews are through the roof. Not one person says it doesn’t work and say the same thing you said. It’s located at my local Wal-Mart. I’m going to swing by and snag it up. Thanks for the advice, wouldn’t of even known about it.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
Gym;64457 wrote:
I spend a lot of my time fixing other peoples tatoos and i see this sort of thing a lot. It has healed quite badly. Sweating on a fresh tattoo is detrimental not only because it may cause infection but because your sweat contains concentrated salt and minerals which is the equivalent of jumping in the ocean right after you get tattooed. it will cause heavy scabbing which will cause pigment to drop out. You will have to be a little patient waiting for the touch up because if you do it too early that pink scarr tissue will not hold the pigment. It could take up to 5 months to heal sufficiently.

Whatever means necessary I guess. Always good to use caution. Thanks for the reply Gym.:cool:

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

No worries ๐Ÿ™‚ I just hope it helps after my little worshiping it rant lol.

SugarSpice_x
Participant
@sugarspice_x

Just thought I’d second the bio-oil recommendation ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s a bit pricey but it’s worth it for what it does!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.