Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I am thinking about getting a tattoo on my ribs, a relatively large one. right now I am about 10 pounds over weight, no so bad in the big picture, at least I can’t clap with no hands, right?

What are your thoughts on tattoos in that area? Has anyone gained or lost weight there after getting a tattoo? did it go from a beautiful dragon to the stay puff marsh mellow man with a bad case of scaly skin eczema?

Thanks!

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

Well everyone says that is one of the most painfull areas. So you definately earn any ink you get in that area. Oh, and your extra 10 pounds will not save you, in my experience getting tattooed on muscle is no big deal, getting tattooed on bone or a little bit of fat F’ing hurts. Areas with a little bit of “chub” as a friend of mine calls it, tend to burn. But if the pay off is a beautifull piece of ink then it’s worth it. The only reason I haven’t started a rib piece is because I can’t decide what to put there.

As far as weight gain, from what I understand as long as it isn’t an extreme sudden change in weight it shouldn’t effect your tattoo in negative way.

Ddenzik
Participant
@ddenzik

Dont listen to all these people saying the side is a terrible spot because its not. It was actually one of the easier spots for me. My lower spine hurt pretty bad and near my armpit hurt but my side was very easy, actually i almost fell asleep. Just dont get all worked up about it and youll be fine.

And as far as the weight gain or loss, like the last person said as long as its not extreme and very suddden then your skin should adapt.

endoftheday
Participant
@endoftheday

I’ve been told by the guy that tattoos me the way it goes – you’ve got to control your breathing -in hold line done – exhale – repeat. besides it being on bone you’ve got to concentrate on every line -so there’s no wandering off under the spots. He says his recent rib piece hurt like f***, hardcore.

Having said that – it’s a popular area for women some first time pieces.

It’s probably a personal pain threshold or peculiarity to individuals aswell – I nearly went there – but decided on the back piece – and that hurt enough for me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.