bozek36
Participant
@bozek36

Well, I’m 16 now and legally can get a tattoo. Now it’s really all up to when my parents let me. My brother may be getting a black rose on his right shoulder soon so if that happens, I’ll be getting mine too, anyway.

I’d be getting this tattoo without the lettering and a little bit higher up on my back.

Reasoning: It’s my guardian angel and I’ve always wanted a tattoo that had wings involved. Saw this tattoo a few years back on David Beckham’s back and I always thought it was awesome. I love the concept, the actual look of it, and what it stands for to me. I’m now asking you guys, do you think this is a good design or have you seen better? I’d like some guiding 🙂 Thanks a lot guys and girls!

Anonymous
Inactive
@

I think that it’s a good design…but in my honest opinion…have you thought about trying to change it a bit and make it original specifically for you? I’ve got a few tattoos that are close to what other people might have, but for the most part mine were specifically drawn up for me. It’s a great, beautiful design, but incorporate the design into something that’s just….you. Like maybe find a different phrase or change how the wings are positioned or however small…just make it yours. That’s just my opinion anyway. 🙂 Hope it gives you some sort of something to think on 🙂 Best of Luck 🙂

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

It’s very nice and all, but wouldn’t you like to add something to it to make it your own and more original?

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

It is nice work and by all means use it as inspiration. But it doesn’t look like a piece of flash to me which means he had the piece custom drawn for him. Copying it is just bad form. Honestly, all my pieces are custom drawn and if I ever saw one of them on someone else my first impulse would be to strangle the b%@ch. A better option is to find an artist who’s work you love and have them use that piece as an inspiration to draw you up your own unique piece of art.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Copying someone else’s tattoo is a serious dick move, something only an inconsiderate child, or a complete asshole adult would do. If you’re dead set on getting inked right now, go talk to your artist, tell him what you want, and have him design something specific for you.

Besides, tattoos are supposed to reflect your own aesthetic sensibilities. Are you seriously telling me that you’ve no identity of your own, so much so that you have to gank someone else’s aesthetics entirely? Are you THAT bankrupt of originality and sense of self? Or do you just simply not take tattooing seriously, and put no thought into this whatsoever?

As Apriltg said, if I saw someone with one of my original creations on them, my first reaction would be to attempt to unscrew their heads off their body….and I’d be justified in doing so. By taking MY ink, you’re taking part of my sense of self, part of my creativity and originality, and showing me an utter lack of basic human respect.

In short, you’d be a serious fucking dick. Grow up, be original, and use that image as a jumping off point.

Besides, that design isn’t all that great to begin with. The fuck’s wrong with you?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
KnightHawk;63694 wrote:
Copying someone else’s tattoo is a serious dick move, something only an inconsiderate child, or a complete asshole adult would do. If you’re dead set on getting inked right now, go talk to your artist, tell him what you want, and have him design something specific for you.

Besides, tattoos are supposed to reflect your own aesthetic sensibilities. Are you seriously telling me that you’ve no identity of your own, so much so that you have to gank someone else’s aesthetics entirely? Are you THAT bankrupt of originality and sense of self? Or do you just simply not take tattooing seriously, and put no thought into this whatsoever?

As Apriltg said, if I saw someone with one of my original creations on them, my first reaction would be to attempt to unscrew their heads off their body….and I’d be justified in doing so. By taking MY ink, you’re taking part of my sense of self, part of my creativity and originality, and showing me an utter lack of basic human respect.

In short, you’d be a serious fucking dick. Grow up, be original, and use that image as a jumping off point.

Besides, that design isn’t all that great to begin with. The fuck’s wrong with you?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

pretty much says it all man. NEVER copy someone else’s work.

redhead
Participant
@redhead

it is a very nice design but why dont you try make your own,that especially only you that have the tattoo?im agree with Knighthawk says…

Keep rock n rolling
Redhead
http://thefoottattoo.blogspot.com

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I have seen this version several hundred times of varying quality.
In fact I think David Beckham’s angel tattoo must rate within the top 5 of copied tattoos around the world.

Whilst it is an awesome piece of ink you should consider getting something which carries your unique style as it is going to be on for life and it is going to be a big piece.

It will also hurt like a bastard so best to get something decent you won’t regret. 😉

Check out these links for angel tattoo inspiration it might help you refine your choice.

http://art.thehomeofjon.net/tag/good-and-evil/

http://www.religioustattoos.net/Other_Tattoos/index.php

http://tattoo5.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Angel-Tattoo-Designs.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/warrior%20angel%20tattoos/LADYDI_2009/tattoos.jpg (alright not so much about angel but damn hot :D)

http://angel-tattoo.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/large-angel-back-tattoo.jpg

These are just a few examples of the great artwork you could have custom done.

Take Care
Matthew

NeckTattoosRock
Participant
@necktattoosrock

Ya I agree there’s ways to make it unique to you. For one you can put your own special message or use fonts with your initials or can of course have it designed in color.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

Knighthawk really hit the nail on the head. Don’t copy someone else’s work.

My friend always jokes he will get the same tattoo that I have (it’s an original piece) and I always tell him, I will just have to skin him, as it’s MY tattoo, that would have just happened to end up on his body… LOL!

Really though, it sounds as if you are excited to get a tattoo, and that’s great! But 16 is very young, and it’s likely you will have to live with what you chose for a pretty significant amount of time, so don’t rush into an idea just because you really want some ink.

bozek36
Participant
@bozek36
KnightHawk;63694 wrote:

Love. Peace. Metallica.

I really won’t start with the defending of myself since it’s really not worth it with someone who thinks he’s far superior already so I’ll let you reign in your glory there and let your ego boast.

Secondly, copying someone else’s ink? The tattoo that is featured on this guy and on David Beckham are all a little tweaked with the same basic meaning. If I like that design and see it on someone and there’s no name and I did my own personalization to it, I’ll get it if I want it.

And my own sense of originality? Are you the fucking idiot? You have a tattoo with a band name on you. That’s real fucking original. Let me tell you, a Metallica tattoo? I’ve never seen that in my life. You must be the first to do that. Unless my knowledge isn’t all there, I’m pretty sure you’re probably not a part of the band, so that’s kinda taking the idea of someone else too.

However, thanks to the guy that sent me links of some ideas to tweak the tattoo and some other drawings of good vs. evil. I actually do like some of the stuff I saw on those sites. Too bad you have people like knighthawk bashing users when they simply ask a fucking question. I’d like your input, which is why I posted this, but I can do without the name calling and the harshness. I’m sure you’re big and tough and are going to reply calling me a cocky 16 year old so I’ll let you do that too, and I won’t be responding to you. Good luck in life though with that attitude. I’m sure your very well loved and give a lot of great advice elsewhere.

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
KnightHawk;63694 wrote:

Love. Peace. Metallica.

+1. Seems that tattoo noobs always go for what someone else already has. 🙁

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
bozek36;63803 wrote:
I really won’t start with the defending of myself since it’s really not worth it with someone who thinks he’s far superior already so I’ll let you reign in your glory there and let your ego boast.

Secondly, copying someone else’s ink? The tattoo that is featured on this guy and on David Beckham are all a little tweaked with the same basic meaning. If I like that design and see it on someone and there’s no name and I did my own personalization to it, I’ll get it if I want it.

And my own sense of originality? Are you the fucking idiot? You have a tattoo with a band name on you. That’s real fucking original. Let me tell you, a Metallica tattoo? I’ve never seen that in my life. You must be the first to do that. Unless my knowledge isn’t all there, I’m pretty sure you’re probably not a part of the band, so that’s kinda taking the idea of someone else too.

However, thanks to the guy that sent me links of some ideas to tweak the tattoo and some other drawings of good vs. evil. I actually do like some of the stuff I saw on those sites. Too bad you have people like knighthawk bashing users when they simply ask a fucking question. I’d like your input, which is why I posted this, but I can do without the name calling and the harshness. I’m sure you’re big and tough and are going to reply calling me a cocky 16 year old so I’ll let you do that too, and I won’t be responding to you. Good luck in life though with that attitude. I’m sure your very well loved and give a lot of great advice elsewhere.

Oh, you are so adorable! I could just eat you up with a spoon!

I mean, look at you! Taking the role of the victim, being set upon by the big mean internet bully, and never ONCE addressing anything I said! Then you bring in tangential issues, such as my Metallica tattoo, and represent it as if it’s a boiler plate ninja star, or the cover to Ride the Lightning. Oh, you are going to be DANGEROUS in an argument once you grow up, oh yes you will!

*pinches cheek*

Bottom line, I’m sure that you’ll get it if you want it, but it doesn’t make you any less of a thief, or for that matter, a dick. Using someone else’s ink as a jumping of point is valid–as I was told repeatedly in art school, all artists steal from one another. But copying it utterly is lazy and shows you don’t take this seriously.

And the fact it’s on David Bechham ain’t helping your case. Celebrity worship is the absolute worst reason to do ANYTHING, much less get an amazingly mediocre piece of ink.

Question: since everyone in this thread agrees to me to one degree or another, don’t you think I may have a point?

Just sayin.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

bitch fights should be done in private, if it continues in the open then the topic will be closed down !! 😉

bozek36
Participant
@bozek36
KnightHawk;63807 wrote:
Oh, you are so adorable! I could just eat you up with a spoon!

I mean, look at you! Taking the role of the victim, being set upon by the big mean internet bully, and never ONCE addressing anything I said! Then you bring in tangential issues, such as my Metallica tattoo, and represent it as if it’s a boiler plate ninja star, or the cover to Ride the Lightning. Oh, you are going to be DANGEROUS in an argument once you grow up, oh yes you will!

*pinches cheek*

Bottom line, I’m sure that you’ll get it if you want it, but it doesn’t make you any less of a thief, or for that matter, a dick. Using someone else’s ink as a jumping of point is valid–as I was told repeatedly in art school, all artists steal from one another. But copying it utterly is lazy and shows you don’t take this seriously.

And the fact it’s on David Bechham ain’t helping your case. Celebrity worship is the absolute worst reason to do ANYTHING, much less get an amazingly mediocre piece of ink.

Question: since everyone in this thread agrees to me to one degree or another, don’t you think I may have a point?

Just sayin.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Never addressing anything you said? Half of what I said was me talking about what you said?

then….

such as my Metallica tattoo

You saying that closes the argument for me and I realize you completely made an ass of yourself. The mod is probably going to close this if you respond now and I’d rather this thread up, so be the big old mature guy that you seem to be and swallow your pride.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.