ios
Participant
@ios

I had a tattoo 12 days ago and it is as it seems in the picture below. I did all the things the artist told me to do. But now it is peeling second time (first peeled 3rd 5th days), bubbling and extremely fading. May be I used a lot of bepanthene creme and made it overmoisturized. I read other posts telling fading is normal you can’t know how will it look till it is completely healed but this cant be normal, right? What should I do?

picture
http://www.glowfoto.com/static_image/15-090704L/7833/jpg/03/2010/img6/glowfoto

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

it looks pretty faded… take a dry picture? one where theres no cream on it i really can’t tell, and like you say you dont know until its completely healed but, it does looklike its faded a lot.

ios
Participant
@ios

Yes there is cream on it. I never let it dry out till now. But I am thinking of letting it dry.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
ios;63638 wrote:
I had a tattoo 12 days ago and it is as it seems in the picture below. I did all the things the artist told me to do. But now it is peeling second time (first peeled 3rd 5th days), bubbling and extremely fading. May be I used a lot of bepanthene creme and made it overmoisturized. I read other posts telling fading is normal you can’t know how will it look till it is completely healed but this cant be normal, right? What should I do?

picture
http://www.glowfoto.com/static_image/15-090704L/7833/jpg/03/2010/img6/glowfoto

Over moisturizing is VERY VERY bad for a tattoo(color), and it looks as if you did just that. Things like water, and overload of moisturizes could fade the tattoo’s use of pigment once fresh. Of course, during the first few days, you’re authorized to put an A&D creme on, but after the third day you should let it dry and occasionally pat it with a non scented lotion or Vitamin E here and there. It looks like you’re going to need a full blown touchup whenever it heals.

Re-take a pic once fully healed since it’s still fresh but my opinion, a touch up and “do-over” is in the future.

ios
Participant
@ios

Then it is my fault. But I wonder the possibility if he didn’t go deep enough. Because I had no scabs at all.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
ios;63648 wrote:
Then it is my fault. But I wonder the possibility if he didn’t go deep enough. Because I had no scabs at all.

That could have had something to do with it, something that you wouldn’t be able to tell. If a tattooist doesn’t go deep enough, it could look blotchy, but yours you CLEARLY see that ink had indeed lifted.

Once healed, there should be no problems with touchups. Most and the majority of tattoo artists do touchups for free so it shouldn’t cost you a dime to make it right.

Of course, I’d say wait about a month or so until the touch up and then go for it. Now you know that over moisturizing is bad and you must find that happy medium of patting it with creme and also for it to dry at times. Hope that helps! Good luck, you should have no problems from here on out when it comes to the touchup…. it will be fixed.:cool:

ios
Participant
@ios
NeverBSatisfied;63649 wrote:
That could have had something to do with it, something that you wouldn’t be able to tell. If a tattooist doesn’t go deep enough, it could look blotchy, but yours you CLEARLY see that ink had indeed lifted.

Once healed, there should be no problems with touchups. Most and the majority of tattoo artists do touchups for free so it shouldn’t cost you a dime to make it right.

Of course, I’d say wait about a month or so until the touch up and then go for it. Now you know that over moisturizing is bad and you must find that happy medium of patting it with creme and also for it to dry at times. Hope that helps! Good luck, you should have no problems from here on out when it comes to the touchup…. it will be fixed.:cool:

Thank you very much. I will wait until it is healed and I will exactly do the right things this time after thuchup .:)

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

ya, it looks to me like the artist wasnt going deep enough, because its not an even fade, its all patchy. I had one like that and i just went to a different artist to have it touched up

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

i would say, in my opinion, you’ve tried to take care of it too much 😛 but yeh go see the guy, and ask for a touchup, depending on the place, though, you may have to pay, if he gave you a form and it says “failure to follow these rules may result in a bad tattoo, this can be put right, but at your own cost” or something like that, you could have to pay.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

if it was done 12 days ago and that is a recent picture then you should not still be using bepanthen on it…. the antiseptic is only used for the first 4 days normally… then you use a thin smear of none scented body lotion. looking at the photo the tattoo is swimming in cream.

post up the aftercare instructions the artist recommended to you.

but in your defence, i would say the artist definately didnt go deep enough, it dont look to me like you went to a shop… was it a friend who did it??

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
Outlaw;63812 wrote:

but in your defence, i would say the artist definately didnt go deep enough, it dont look to me like you went to a shop… was it a friend who did it??

or maybe it was the shop’s apprentice… i’ve seen that happen before, which didnt turn out so good.

ios
Participant
@ios
Apostle 228;63821 wrote:
or maybe it was the shop’s apprentice… i’ve seen that happen before, which didnt turn out so good.

Nope he was a pro artist I saw his works before (and it cost me a lot). I asked him for a touchup and he accepted. Now it is healed and surprisingly it doesnt seem that bad but anyway it needs a little thouch up. (There are 3 other symbols and they are just fine only the last one on the pic needs thouch up.)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.