DMoney
Participant
@dmoney

Hey All ~

Saw something that I thought might interest you guys. Was browsing the net when I came across this article about this guy Bruce Potts that was cast in this film Ca$h. His WHOLE head (eyelids included) tattooed!

The part that really gets me ~ he’s a history professor at Arizona State and uses makeup every day to go to work.

So intriguing to me that this guy sorta lives like 2 separate lives. Two whole different persona’s.

check it out: http://cashthefilmfanblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/cah-showcases-inked-up-cast-including.html

let me know what you think! I’m curious to know you’re reactions: how would you feel if you had to cover up your ink every day, hide that aspect of your life that so clearly is a huge part of who are…

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

i know a bunch of professors/teachers that i’ve had have a bunch of tattoos. the thing with any teacher is, the instructor IS living a double life most of the time. not all of them are really these nice people who serve as teachers and role models. They simply realize in their job field they are required to portray themselves as such, but when class is out, they are usually completely different people.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

It personally does not do it for me but honestly I can see why he would want to do it.

The thing with tattooing it is like any art;

Some ppl want to keep it personal and locked away like a painting in their vault, or ink under clothes a only a lover might see.

Others want to flaunt it on their walls and public galleries, or in this case their whole head.

Cannot rule out the buzz they get from ppl’s reactions to it either. That said he is not stupid and if he has to use cover-up to maintain a job it is not so much a double life as adhering to a uniform requirement.

I always see it as if you wear a tie at work (because you have to) but never wear one at home it is just one of those things, he prob sees it the same way.

Take Care
Matthew

DMoney
Participant
@dmoney
Sherav;63287 wrote:
Some ppl want to keep it personal and locked away like a painting in their vault, or ink under clothes a only a lover might see.

Others want to flaunt it on their walls and public galleries, or in this case their whole head.

I TOTALLY get what you said. Never thought of it like that! I like the way you explained that.

Not sure what about this man intrigues me so much, I want to find him and talk to him about the motivation behind why he chose to express himself the way he did. My curiousness always gets the best of me; like to know why people do what they do.

Definitely don’t think he’s stupid for doing what he does; to each their own! Plus his uniqueness is what got him cast in the movie, so clearly he wears his ink proud (when he’s not in class)!

mugwump
Participant
@mugwump

whats up with getting your eyelids tattooed? that shits fucked up RIGHT there!!! Art or no getting your eyelids tattooed is fucked up… not to mention that other douche that had his eyeballs tattooed blue… that shit was fucked up too… :confused:

DMoney
Participant
@dmoney

wow that seems a little harsh…. just becuase you don’t understand it or appreciate it, doesn’t make it fucked up. To each their own right?

mugwump
Participant
@mugwump
DMoney;63315 wrote:
wow that seems a little harsh…. just because you don’t understand it or appreciate it, doesn’t make it fucked up. To each their own right?

probably… i meant that to be read a little bit more tongue in cheek…

as for not understanding it – what is there to understand?!? he’s not a special unique snowflake! he’s just some guy with a fuck load of ink… probably goes to much better parties than i do tho… :p

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.