RussiaLies
@

Ok before I get crucified on here, I’ll explain.

I’m a youth worker, which involves mentoring and caring for children who have had to be removed from their parents for any number of reasons, usually drug abuse or violence.

Part of my job is to follow strict routines and planners based on assisting the child back into society, to learn how to behave according to ‘normal’ standards.

So I got a new tattoo on Thursday, it’s a great piece, working up the arm from the wrist, an ocean (how ironic) theme, and I was so stoked on it.

So on Saturday morning I get to work and the plan for the day (which I HAVE to follow) is to take the kid to the beach for the morning.

SHIT.

So I went, I covered the tattoo in bepanthen and sunscreen, and kept it out of the water as best I could, I actually attempted to stay out of the water all together but a few times I had to go in to make sure he didn’t drown, after-all a tattoo can be repaired if needed, this kid drowns and then what.

Don’t bother telling me this was stupid, I know I wasn’t supposed to go in, I just had no choice. It doesn’t seem to have affected it at this stage, the colours are still great, the lines are all perfect and it’s scabbing/healing as usual.

I just wanted to know if there’s any extra measures I can take now that the ocean has had it’s way with my arm. And in-case this happens again, I was planning on purchasing a long sleeve rashy for when it’s fully healed and I need to keep it out of the sun, but is this a good idea for newer tattoos?

Thanks guys.

Russ.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

You should be fine. Like you said, you have a responsibility that is much more important than your tattoo. Sounds like you did all you could for the ink. It will probably be fine

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

Definitely understandable, it’s just a tattoo.. but that’s the kids life, how was the beach?! =). . When i got my first tat I treated it like a baby, and it turned out ok, but if i wouldn’t have done half of what i did it would probably be the same. Just see how it goes, it may heal fine, or you may need a quick touch up =)

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Wow. You must think we’re real mother fuckers to crucify you for that my man. Jesus.

Still, most likely other than some serious stinging, you oughta be fine my man. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.