Rsion4191
Participant
@rsion4191

I’m thinking about getting a phrase on my inner forearm . It’s a phrase I’ve been saying since my firstborn son was born , but I’m not sure if I should get it . The phrase is , “My son above all.” I talked to my uncle & he basically has filipino tribals all around . He said it might not be a good idea because people might interpret it as I’m putting my son even before God , which is NOT how I feel . Just need some help on this . Idk what to do . I’m pretty set on the phrase , but I don’t wanna make it seem like I’m putting my son before God , Himself . Any help appreciated .

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

If you are set on it, get it, I’m sure your god will understand.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

I hear what you are saying and it can cause strife.

Why not add to the phrase?

Through the grace of G-d my son is above all I possess/cherish.

G-d’s love has lifted my son above all.

Or something of a similar nature.

That said G-d knows your heart and would not take offence but you have to also deal with your elders and peers.

Take Care
Matthew

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Or you could sack up and just get it.

Just sayin.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Rsion4191
Participant
@rsion4191

KnightHawk , I feel what you’re saying about I “could sack up & just get it.” But , you’re missing the point of it . It’s not about me being scared to get it . It’s about being able to represent how I feel about my son without compromising how I feel about God . But , thanks for the input anyway .

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
Rsion4191;62201 wrote:
He said it might not be a good idea because people might interpret it as I’m putting my son even before God , which is NOT how I feel .

No. It isn’t.

Sack up and get it, or stop whining.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Rsion4191
Participant
@rsion4191

Whining ? -______-” FAIL .

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
Rsion4191;62216 wrote:
Whining ? -______-” FAIL .

What the hell does that even mean?

Seriously, that’s so much gibberish to me.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Rsion4191
Participant
@rsion4191

So my tattoo idea for my son makes me a whiner because I don’t want it to mislead my relationship with God . If that is what you’re saying , BY ALL MEANS , I’M A WHINER . It’s not about me being a whiner or being scared to get inked , it’s about getting a piece representing my son without defacing my feelings for God .

Love . Peace . Wiz Khalifa .

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

im afraid to say it but if you were broken down and needed a push, who would help you first…. your son or your god???

KH was a bit harsh but i understand what he is saying

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
Quote:
So my tattoo idea for my son makes me a whiner because I don’t want it to mislead my relationship with God . If that is what you’re saying , BY ALL MEANS , I’M A WHINER . It’s not about me being a whiner or being scared to get inked , it’s about getting a piece representing my son without defacing my feelings for God .

Wow. You don’t often meet someone with the reading comprehension of a four year old.

Your God knows what’s in your heart. Or do you think he’s so weak and foolish as to not understand what you mean when expressing such a common sentiment? If you’re in earnest, which, by the way, you aren’t, you’re minimizing your God’s wisdom and knowledge. You’re making less of Him by assuming he can’t figure out such a simple, self-evident point, thus giving him the same reasoning skills as a two-year-old child, or a fundamentalist.

But that’s beside the point. You aren’t concerned about your relationship with God, you’re worried about, as I quoted, bolded, underlined, and colored in red in my last post, being judged by other people. And yes, that is whining. Tattoos will get you judged.

Suck it up, or shut it up.

Period.

And on an unrelated note, why is it that I, an atheist, seems to have more faith in your God’s judgement than your believer self?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
KnightHawk;62227 wrote:
Wow. You don’t often meet someone with the reading comprehension of a four year old.

Your God knows what’s in your heart. Or do you think he’s so weak and foolish as to not understand what you mean when expressing such a common sentiment? If you’re in earnest, which, by the way, you aren’t, you’re minimizing your God’s wisdom and knowledge. You’re making less of Him by assuming he can’t figure out such a simple, self-evident point, thus giving him the same reasoning skills as a two-year-old child, or a fundamentalist.

But that’s beside the point. You aren’t concerned about your relationship with God, you’re worried about, as I quoted, bolded, underlined, and colored in red in my last post, being judged by other people. And yes, that is whining. Tattoos will get you judged.

Suck it up, or shut it up.

Period.

And on an unrelated note, why is it that I, an atheist, seems to have more faith in your God’s judgement than your believer self?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Basically, from what I gather, She is AFRAID of what others will THINK of her.

On another note, if she wasn’t AFRAID she would get herself inked with what she WANTS and to hell with other people’s thoughts on the matter.

FFS If it’s what you WANT fuckin get it. If you’re worried about what people will interpret…… you aren’t meant to be inked b/c once you do get a tattoo…. the world sees you fuckin differently anyway.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

honestly now… knighthawk has a point. if your god really exists, why the hell would he care about some words on your skin anyway as long as u know ur son isnt above him? and who cares what other people think? as long as you know the meaning behind it, thats all that matters. screw everyone else’s opinion on what it “means”. just get it if thats what you want.

SallyMac
Participant
@sallymac
gnarly;62202 wrote:
If you are set on it, get it, I’m sure your god will understand.

Exactly what I was going to say.

dine
Participant
@dine

Are you only planning on having one child? If the next one’s a girl, how will you even it up?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.