ruzi
Participant
@ruzi

I have been thinking for a year and a half now, I been wanting to get a tattoo, and its the same design that I thought about, well it has alot of meaning to me. And I have told a couple of people at work an they think its old fashioned to get a tattoo or even get one of someone else on you. I have only 1 sister and she lives far away. I live 5 states away from her, and I love her so much. I’m very much into astrology. I have been reading it ever since she was a baby when I lived with her. I dont anymore. And she knows it too. I’m thinking of getting a sagittarius, half horse half human centaur but a female one, with a bow and arrow and on top of her is a mermaid sitting on her but holding on to her. and the centaur woman has long dark hair.
I’m not sure if I should have it in color or black and white. The mermaid represents me, my sign im a pisces, and the sag is my sister, I’m holding on to her. Its our signs combined. blood stays with you forever. I really want this but I dont want it to be a huge tattoo maybe medium sized on my upper back so i can cover it for work but show it off in the summer time.
Im still trying to think how im going to have the mermaid but it has to be sitting on top of the archer because of a personal story with me an my sister when we grew up together. But do you like it? and is it wrong to get your own sisters sign with you? I really want this. Do you have any ideas on how to have the mermaid sitting on the archer? I told a artist at my job about it an she said it was very creative
I am of course going to make the tattoo like serene and beautiful i want it realistic an not animeish but not too realistic kinda like serene and pretty. If its too realistic it would look manly kinda i want it to be a womans tattoo.

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

Far out that was almost a novel! I dont see anything wrong with your idea at all, people get tattoos because they want them, and to me tattoos are art and just a way of expressing my self and i really dont give a rats if people like them or not. I had an old man come up to me today and said ” do you mind if i check you out?” lols he was amazed at all my tattoos as he had never seen so many…..obviously a sheltered life:D Bit off track there…..go to your tattoo artist or a reputable one and get them to draw the design up for you.

vic13
Participant
@vic13

I love your idea and if you like your idea then thats all that matters, dont worry what anyone else thinks.

Find a good artist and they’ll have no problems bringing your vision to life.

ruzi
Participant
@ruzi

Thank you so much! That means alot to me. I cant wait to get this, im just nervous how its gonna hurt lol, I have like bony shoulders/back lol. I’m a little bit with meat on me like more in my hips but upper body no. But if its gonna be worth it i cant wait. I’m more nervous how their going to get the design on me so it doesnt look too big you know.
Since this will be my first one an it represents alot, like I love astrology too an thats another thing but more of me an my sister since we are the only blood.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Great story, and I like the idea. However, with the amount of detail you are talking about, be careful not to go too small. Keep us posted

sorrowlovesEmilie
Participant
@sorrowlovesemilie

that souns realy good i used to be into star signs to but im not close enough to my sibs to get a tatt for them, lol good luck ake sure you put a pc up!

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

That’s a badass idea!, and when people don’t like others getting tats of peoples names or faces, it’s usually significant others, not siblings! i have my sisters name on me! i love that girl!

I say go for it!, do you like the way black and grey looks or color more?

sorrowlovesEmilie
Participant
@sorrowlovesemilie

hey i was listening to a song and it reminded me of your song, its called the suffering b coheed and cambria and the video is of a mermaid and centaur and i think at one point the mernaid is on the centaurs back might be good inspiration. gud luck.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.