Nimmer
Participant
@nimmer

Hey there,

I was just looking for some of the talented users help in designing a tattoo i’ve been stuck on for the past couple years.

The tattoo is ukrainian song lyrics that my great grandmother used to sing to me before she passed. The words translate into ‘give me a rose before I die, make me happy in my life, what is your rose to me when I die?’ . Now unfortunately I am unable to speak ukrainian and the original email I had with the translation was lost so I had to scan a printed version of the email into my computer and edit it to get the words on the computer again.

I’ve tried a few different ideas but i am artisticly challenged when it comes to actually drawing myself a visual. I’ve tried to wrap the font around a rose or cross but I am unable to make it look anything like actual roses or anything haha. I am open to any ideas or layouts, I am hoping to either get this tattoo on my rib cage or on my forearm depending how the final layout measures out.

I opened a photobucket account just to load some of my ideas into. Here is the link

http://s920.photobucket.com/home/Nimmer911

Also thank you very much in advance for any help your willing to provide.
-Andrew

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

I like the idea you had with the rose, how did you want the text to wrap around, with a scroll or just text?

Have you spoken to any tattoo artists yet?

Nimmer
Participant
@nimmer

I was thinking originally of the text just kind of flowing around the rose, no scroll. If possible i’d like to keep it quite simple. I also have been thinking of reducing the amount of text to one line just to make it easier to work with.

And i havent met with any tattoo artists yet just because I want a visual for myself before I go meet, just to help them see the direction i want it to go

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

are you after the words writing in english or ukrainian ???
im sure my neighbours girlfriend is ukrainian… i can ask her to re-write it if need be..

personally i would not wrap the words around the rose, my suggestion would be to do the verse in a nice script, add some shading around it and have a couple of roses above it…. but all done in black and grey shading

Nimmer
Participant
@nimmer

Oh i definately want the Ukrainian writing, and actually if i could get it re-written on the computer so i can just use copy and paste instead of hauling that image around it would be wonderful!

i couldnt get it in font at all but i can get it written down on paper
as for font style, you could use a language converter i suppose

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.