closetfreak
Participant
@closetfreak

Well, I sorta hate to post this next to the “Tribal tattoos are out” thread…..but oh well. Thanks for making me feel even more un-cool, John! haha

Ok so first of all…I’m new..hi! This is my first post, other than my intro.

I’m trying to figure out a way to incorporate these two tattoos. The blue & orange one was my very first tattoo from 1999 (as I’m sure you could’ve guessed), and the one below it I got several years later. I think it looks ridiculous because they look like two separate tattoos that don’t go together. I’m open for suggestions as to how to incorporate the two….I’ve been trying to think of ways to do this for years, but I’m no artist. I’d love to hear your input!

DSC00216a.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

I’m no artist either…
so I couldn’t help ya in that department.

But I find the best method for inspiration to be just heading down to my artist’s shop and asking him.
I don’t mean that in a rude way, but really…they’re pros and I trust (at least my artist) their judgment.

closetfreak
Participant
@closetfreak
Jubakuba;60195 wrote:
I’m no artist either…
so I couldn’t help ya in that department.

But I find the best method for inspiration to be just heading down to my artist’s shop and asking him.
I don’t mean that in a rude way, but really…they’re pros and I trust (at least my artist) their judgment.

Thanks for responding. I am planning on seeing my guy at the end of next week. I was just hoping to have some ideas in mind before hand ya know? I just hate to go in there and say “I have no idea what to do with this….”

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I have just said those words, the feedback from your artist might surprise you, my artist has come up with a great idea for some adding on to my back, looking forward to getting started on it. I’d say bite the bullet and ask………..

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Glad I’m not the only one regretting the tribal ๐Ÿ˜€

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

you could add some more blue either side of the tribal tattoo in the same style as you already have and then think about adding matching koi’s each side too :rolleyes:

closetfreak
Participant
@closetfreak
vizzielover;60213 wrote:
I have just said those words, the feedback from your artist might surprise you, my artist has come up with a great idea for some adding on to my back, looking forward to getting started on it. I’d say bite the bullet and ask………..

Thanks, I am definitely planning on asking next week!

closetfreak
Participant
@closetfreak
ontwo;60214 wrote:
Glad I’m not the only one regretting the tribal ๐Ÿ˜€

Shhhhh!! I don’t know what you’re talking about! LOL. I don’t really think I’d regret it as much if I had at least gotten something with an outline or different colors. I really should’ve done some research beforehand, but what can you really tell an 18 year old, ya know? Oh well. I don’t hate it, but I certainly don’t love it anymore. Hopefully my artist can turn it into something I will love again! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

closetfreak
Participant
@closetfreak
Butterfly_Kisses;60219 wrote:
you could add some more blue either side of the tribal tattoo in the same style as you already have and then think about adding matching koi’s each side too :rolleyes:

I definitely think there’s some way to incorporaite the colors from each tattoo into the other. I guess I will need to have my artist think of something specific. You’re right though, adding something else matching on both sides can also help tie them together. Thanks!

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

You could very easily turn that into some type of flower piece going up your back. Or traditional japanese. The good thing is that the tribal is thin. There isn’t massive sections of black to hide or work with

closetfreak
Participant
@closetfreak
ontwo;60284 wrote:
You could very easily turn that into some type of flower piece going up your back. Or traditional japanese. The good thing is that the tribal is thin. There isn’t massive sections of black to hide or work with

You really think so? Either of those would be awesome! I guess I am just so naive about what artists are capable of doing. I did ask one tattoo artist a couple of years ago about it and he told me there was nothing he could do. He said if he added black in or around the original, it would bleed into the blue and look horrible. I’m guessing he just wasn’t interested in doing it for me…

Funny you should mention the Japanese idea too. I’m talking with a guy next week about doing cherry blossoms and kanji on my side.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo
closetfreak;60285 wrote:
You really think so? Either of those would be awesome! I guess I am just so naive about what artists are capable of doing. I did ask one tattoo artist a couple of years ago about it and he told me there was nothing he could do. He said if he added black in or around the original, it would bleed into the blue and look horrible. I’m guessing he just wasn’t interested in doing it for me…

Funny you should mention the Japanese idea too. I’m talking with a guy next week about doing cherry blossoms and kanji on my side.

Any CAPABLE artist can take your piece and make it awesome. If you like cherry blossoms, something like this would look awesome IMHO

Cherry_Blossom_tattoo.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hey freak, have you seen this thread?

Almost anything’s possible if you’re willing to give it some serious thought and invest time and money into it.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo
ArniVidar;60291 wrote:
Hey freak, have you seen this thread?

Almost anything’s possible if you’re willing to give it some serious thought and invest time and money into it.

That is a GREAT thread, Arni ๐Ÿ˜€ And that chick is wicked hot

ArniVidar
@arnividar
ontwo;60293 wrote:
That is a GREAT thread, Arni ๐Ÿ˜€ And that chick is wicked hot

The chick in the first pic, or your wife? ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.