vic13
Participant
@vic13

So, I’m trawling through my facebook earlier on and looking at my ‘friends’ updates when I came across this little gem:

I don’t understand the tattoo obsession. It’s not particually alternative when approx 35%-40%(and rising) of the U.K. population have a tattoo of some variation or other. These days if someone really wants to be ‘alternative’, Be natural and don’t get inked, When i’m 80(If i make it) and look at my tired old sagging body at least i will have one less thing in life to regret. It’s as simple as that.

And its pretty much annoyed me to be honest. I for one dont have tattoos to be ‘alternative’, I have them because I like them….and I know I should shake my head and think idiot because he has this opinion but its so damn frustrating.

Its so true that the only person who cares about tattoos is the person without any!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Vic

All you have to say in response is when I get to 80 and look at my sagging body and worn out tattoo I can say I lived a lot!

Too many ppl spend their lives wrapped in fear and worry about what others think.

We get inked because we like it – everybody is individual enough.

Just think opinions are like arseholes – we all have them and frankly many are full of shit ๐Ÿ˜€

Take Care
Matthew

Joe1874
Participant
@joe1874

You get people like that all over the place. I have tattoos because I want them, they look good and it makes me different from all the other people who have no individuality.

Best thing to do is ignore people like that and continue getting tattoos ๐Ÿ˜‰

vic13
Participant
@vic13

Yep, they arse..(haha like what I did there!) usually full of shit!

Normally I dont care what people opinions of my tattoos are or of tattoos in general. What wound me up more was the ‘alternative’ bit. We must all be so crazy cool! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

we aint all crazy….. speak for yourself :p

i dont give a damn what people think, everyone is allowed an oppinion… and we all make choices in life, some good and some not so good. its all part of living your life the way you do.

if i had seen that posted up then i would probably have asked them, when do they want a booking then ๐Ÿ˜€

ps… matthew, i like the way you put things….. so plain and simple PMSL!!!!

LotusCordova
Participant
@lotuscordova

If sagging ink is all I have to worry about at the age of 80….Im doing good. Im more worried about things like bladder control and the ole’ heart. haha

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Considering my weight, family history, and bad habit of doing stupid, but fun, life endangering shit, I have my doubts I’ll reach 80, much as I’d like to.

But if I do, I’ll look at my arm, see a happy smiling face saying “I feel Pretty” and will my my old, puckered ass off.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

these fuckers comment on things they know fuck all about, they are the types of cunts who will go through life pussy footing around people and muttering under their breath, well if you like tatts get one, if you dont – dont. its got fuck all about being alternate or whatever, it makes no difference to this guy if a lot of people have tattoos its not like hes being forced to get one, probably born with a silver spoon, these people fuck me off big time.

Id like to meet him, know-it-all-bastard

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

I think it’s better that you don’t meet him Ben. I mean, maybe it’s just me, but it seems to me that it’d be better for you not to be in the clink for assault.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

I was talking to my accountant today, most of her staff i have tattooed, she doesnt like tattoos personally, but she likes the work i do and she likes mine, but not into them herself, NZ is one of the most tattooed countries in the world, basically everywhere you go you see tattoos….i get judged still…i dont give a shit, and when im 80 i probably wont even know my own name so who really gives a shit?? …..actually maybe before dementia sets in i shall tattoo my name on me and my address and ph incase someone finds me wandering aimlessly around somewhere LMAO

tattooedinabq
Participant
@tattooedinabq

I hear things like that all the time. About how when I’m old, the tattoos on my chest are gonna be at my knees, and because I’ve stretched my ears and have all these piercings, nothing will ever be the same. But I see it as another story to tell, they are what makes me, well, me. And heck, my grandkids will be able to hear me coming as my nipple rings jingle on the floor. Hahahaha

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

I get this from people all the time: “It’s gonna look terrible when your a wee old man!”

To which I reply: “When I’m a wee old man I’m going to look terrible anyway!”

I’d rather stand out from the crowd at the old folks home lol though I’m guessing many old people will have tattoos in 50-60 years!

april_x
Participant
@april_x

Alot of people are getting tattooed, but it’s up to the individual to make it their own unique mark. True that getting tattooed in itself is a lot more common than it used to be, but the tattoos themselves is what can create individuality ๐Ÿ™‚

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
The Mighty Ming;59490 wrote:
I get this from people all the time: “It’s gonna look terrible when your a wee old man!”

To which I reply: “When I’m a wee old man I’m going to look terrible anyway!”

I’d rather stand out from the crowd at the old folks home lol though I’m guessing many old people will have tattoos in 50-60 years!

My artist tells everyone that if they don’t get a tatt, they’ll be the only one in the nursing home without one when they’re older ๐Ÿ˜‰

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

yea I don’t care what people think. The way I see it is when I get to when gravity hits me hard…… I’ll just have NEW designs!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.