Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I say think about the design for a few months and if you still like the idea go with it. Unfortunately I regret both of the tattoos I got when I was 18 and had them removed. Now I am starting on some new tattoos beacuse my tastes have changed.

florida13
Participant
@florida13

how did you get them removed??

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Most likely laser surgery. Did you go ahead and get something stupid that you don’t like already?

florida13
Participant
@florida13

no i was jw.. i havent got anything yet.. im waiting to find the right tattoo or prayer hands first..

if my arms arent real big… i think someone at my local tattoo shop said they make it to where if i ever do grow or get a little bigger it will still look good… or u can always try to add to it?

but does laser surgery hurt?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
florida13;65141 wrote:
no i was jw.. i havent got anything yet.. im waiting to find the right tattoo or prayer hands first..

if my arms arent real big… i think someone at my local tattoo shop said they make it to where if i ever do grow or get a little bigger it will still look good… or u can always try to add to it?

but does laser surgery hurt?

Dude, DUUUUUUDE, it’s a NEEDLE digging into your skin at some ungodly high speed send pulses of pain to you nerve endings up to your brain. Yes, it will hurt, and yes it will hurt A LOT no matter where you get it on your body. Pain is part of the process and IT WILL HURT. There is no getting around this.

You can get them removed but it’s very painful, expensive and it takes a lot of time. From what I can gather it still leaves some sort of a scare as well.

I’m going to put the following in big red letters so I know you read it:
IF YOU ARE ALREADY WORRYING ABOUT HOW MUCH LASER SURGERY HURTS BEFORE YOU EVEN GET THE TATTOO YOU PROBABLY ARE NOT READY FOR SAID TATTOO.

Wait until you get through college and then revisit the idea.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

In answer to your question yes laser surgery hurts and in my experience hurts more than a tattoo.

I had a load done on some scar tissue to try and reduce the mount of scarring on my upper arms and back and mostly my legs.

It was like having a hot needle pushing through flesh and the stinging/burning sensation lasts for days afterwards.

It also took 2 years of treatments and you can still see the outlines of the scar tissue. the cost was enormous it was around £200 a session.

Whilst they have improved the 90’s the way to think about your ink is ‘I never want to remove this.’ Before you get it put on. The principle is the same the laser dissolves the cells of the scar tissue allowing the pigment to be flushed from the body making it fade. So as the scar tissue breaks down

The other ways to remove a tattoo but involve cutting them off or burning them off with acid. Neither is pretty and you don’t want to have to ever experience any of them.

Take care
Matthew

c.jayne
Participant
@c-jayne

in my experience, the first tattoo…it hurts, but it’s bearable because it’s exciting. the second, or a touch up or anything.. just plain sucks.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.