florida13
Participant
@florida13

i am wanting to get my first tattoo. but i have some questions..

im 18.. im just worried about the pain.. i want one on the top part of my right arm.. my grandpa passed away and we were really close and i was wanting a cross with his name on it…

would i regret getting it?.

also, i was always wondering if my arm is too small.. im not a big guy at all. 5’9 and 148 pounds.. arms arent real big..

would that be a problem?..

also if you have any pictures or links to cross tattoos id appreciate it.. and places on the cross where names could go.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

-The pain isn’t that bad on the upper-part of the arms. Tattoos hurt in general, but some places hurt less than others.

–Don’t ask US if YOU WILL regret something. That is a question YOU need to ASK YOURSELF.

-Tattoos can be enlarged, or made smaller to fit the individual.

-www.google.com, it’s a magical place for almost any question you can possibly have….. I suggest you check it out.

archie_72490
Participant
@archie_72490

the arm really isn’t that painful, If you are worried about regretting the tattoo then you might not be ready to get one, before my first tattoo someone with alot of tattoos told me to wait for at least a year and if I still wanted to get the tattoo then to go ahead and get it

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

bikers right about the dont ask us if youll regret it or not, you shouldnt regret something based on a passed loved one no matter how it looks really, crosses are very common, i wouldnt get one, but then again each to their own.

dont worry about the google thing, everyone except him is happy to answer questions about tattoos on a tattoo forum lol

florida13
Participant
@florida13

i mean.. a cross with his name and date and stuff.. dont think id regret it..

archie_72490
Participant
@archie_72490

as long as you don’t think that you will regret it, I really like the idea of memorial tattoos, I just got a new tattoo friday in memory of time spent with my grandfather when I was little.

florida13
Participant
@florida13

i just dont do good with blood or anything.. does it bleed bad?

tatman75
@

You are second guessing your tat before you even choose the design thats the first clue to tell you to chill for a while, instead of being concerned with the pain decide for sure if you want it then when you know you do for sure youll forget about the pain to get a peice of art that last a lifetime.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
florida13;59364 wrote:
i just dont do good with blood or anything.. does it bleed bad?

I’m sorry if I sound harsh, but from what I’ve read in this thread I don’t think you should get this tattoo right now. To me it seems like you’re going to get a tattoo just to get a tattoo and because memorial tattoos are common, but ignoring the fact that you really don’t want to get a tattoo.

There’s far too much hesitation, uncertainty and fright going on with you. Give it a year or two (no, not kidding here) and see how you feel about it then. It will be no less of a memorial tattoo then, and perhaps even MORE of a memorial tattoo because it’s really well thought out and planned.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

If you choose your design wisely you will not regret it if you look at it for a month + everyday youwill see if you want it.

The pain is bearable you will not be laughing but I doubt there will be any screaming 😉

Here is a link for religious tattoos might inspire you.

http://www.religioustattoos.net/Other_Tattoos/index.php

Take Care
Matthew

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

The pain is fine, and there is hardly any blood, a little bit of blood when he starts shading but fuck all really.

bighairedmike
Participant
@bighairedmike

I had a memorial tattoo done last september (2009) for my gran who died the July before that (2008). I had already decided i wanted a tattoo to commemorate her passing within about a month but wasnt entirely sure what i wanted. Spend a long time thinking about a design, go to your local artists, have a look round, get ideas and, if you can, draw some up, or ask a friend to help.

I agree with the others that it doesnt sound like you are ready to get one yet. Once you have decided ona design, stick it on your bedroom wall/some place that you’ll walk past every day and see. After you have done that for a while and you know its exactly what you want, get it done. You could use the time in between saving up for it as well so you get a real nice piece.

Good luck.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
Benjaminho;59454 wrote:
The pain is fine, and there is hardly any blood, a little bit of blood when he starts shading but fuck all really.

Depends who you are, I bleed quite a bit!

McTwist
Participant
@mctwist

My first tattoo was a memorial tattoo for my uncle. It was a Raven because that was his favorite bird and company symbol. I had the idea in my head but I toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo until I was certain then went and got it designed but even then I still had a month to mull it over and made sure I was ready.

I love what I got and it is still the best tattoo out of the 4 I have so like everyone said think it over more till you are sure because it sounds like your really not ready.

SRC
Participant
@src

my first tattoo was a memorial tattoo for my grandfather as well, and i don’t regret it. it’s become such a part of me now that i hardly notice it’s there, which to me is the mark of a good tattoo (not thinking twice when you see it, and when you do register it, it makes you happy).

but yeah you sound really hesitant. taking some time to think it over is a sound idea, because who knows in the mean time you may come up with something even better! also i would think long and hard about the cross thing. not to knock crosses or religion but my personal beliefs have changed LOADS in the last two years, and you never know where you will be down the road. why not think about something more specific to your grandfather, like relating to a song he liked or his favorite animal like the raven McTwist mentioned. crosses, angels, etc. are not the only way to memorialize loved ones who have passed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.