syc06669
Participant
@syc06669

My lil sis jus got her first tat n she was confused n came to me as i am an amature artist, the guy tht did her tat started off by using water instead of ink, now i hav nvr heard of this and she has a scar from it, can anyone tell me wat this guy was thinkin and wat the posible point of using water would b?

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Sucks
To
Be
“Her”

From my own perspective; sounds like YOU are posting for yourself.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

What the titty fucking Christ? He did what now with a who?

Dude, what the hell are you doing posting? Set your fucking keyboard down and go kick that asshole right in the cojones. Mother fucker, I am NOT kidding. If he did that to your sister, it is your moral obligation to go shove his head through a plate glass window.

Also, learn how to punctuate, you illiterate jackass. Jesus, texting really IS ruining the new generation.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

syc06669
Participant
@syc06669

Well thank you for the advice.
So then I take it you have never heard of starting a tattoo with water. Also I am sorry for the way I wrote my first post, I was in a bad mood at the time so I apologize for seeming illiterate.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Actually whoever got the tattoo needs to get some blood work done before they do anything else. They need testing for hep and hiv as this sounds like a diy job.

Certain types of scarification may use a needle only but this should only be done by a professional and frankly the person who did this sounds like they had no clue as to what they were doing tattoo wise.

If the tests come up clear I suggest going to a pro artist and get them to put a tattoo over the scar outline to cover it up which should be easy enough to do.

Take Care
Matthew

syc06669
Participant
@syc06669

Ok that all sounds good but this was not a D I Y job she went to a supposed to be professional tattoo parlor to get this done

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

then was it blood lined instead of having an outline because thats quite normal its just a style thing ??

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Some artists do use blood lining but frankly I cannot see why they would and not fill in with ink??
To leave it open so that it scars means that the next lot of pigment will be harder to go in.

A bloodline tattoo is usually for those more into scarification or have a really complex tattoo they want thinly lining out but most would use an outline with pigment.

Anyhow it is easily correctable and if it is a pro artist shop and you saw them break out the eq from sterile just get it filled in.

Take Care
Matthew

syc06669
Participant
@syc06669

It is about 3 inches by 3 inches and not too detailed so bloodlining would make no sence, and the scarification she is not into that this was her first tattoo.

Thank you everyone for your comments this has given me all the information I require.

syc06669
Participant
@syc06669

To add there was no blood lining done, he went over the entire area to be tattooed, said it would make the colour go in better. He used a transfer as the outline not blood line.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I am totally confounded by this thread

syc06669
Participant
@syc06669

The point of this thread was to see if anyone could tell me why someone would go over an area to be tattooed with water and then after the water was tattooed into the skin the ink was applied.

To top it off the water used was straight from the tap, not sterilized water.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

There was no way this was done in a reputable shop. This was definitely a scratchateria, and y’all just didn’t know it.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink
KnightHawk;59000 wrote:
What the titty fucking Christ? He did what now with a who?

Dude, what the hell are you doing posting? Set your fucking keyboard down and go kick that asshole right in the cojones. Mother fucker, I am NOT kidding. If he did that to your sister, it is your moral obligation to go shove his head through a plate glass window.

Also, learn how to punctuate, you illiterate jackass. Jesus, texting really IS ruining the new generation.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

mwahahahahaha….wish i could cum up wif dem dere words LMFAO……..SCRATCHER FOR SURE

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I just looked over the details of this and please any of you artists correct me but…

Your sister went to a shop and they put on a stencil and said I am just going to outline this – walk to a sink pour some water out and start to drag a needle over the outline using water only?

Ok this means only 1 of 2 things:

1. The tattooist was using a bloodline tattoo or distilled water tattoo such as artists like Amanda Wachob is known to do – this is actually a form of scarification using tattoo instruments as there is no pigment.

Please look at this site under conceptual http://www.amandawachobtattoo.com/

2. The artist is a scratcher who had no clue on how to do the tattoo properly. Admittedly I use this based on the limited information of;

They did not use distilled water but it was straight from the tap.

They used the term ‘it makes the ink/pigment go in better’. The pigment does not go in better if you then leave the bloodline for (say) 2 weeks so it becomes scar tissue as the skin already chewed up and you are going over a healing wound which would overwork it.

Again some artists may do some blood outline on a complex piece (a one pass stoke technique) but this is quickly followed by pigment been put in there before it seals up.

Why would your sister walk out of a studio without there being any pigment??

Again I would seriously recommend some blood tests – let it heal for 6 weeks then get them to another artist to have it filled in.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.