Philter
Participant
@philter

This may be a weird question but it’s been on my mind for a while.
In my previous tattoo session i noticed that i was sweating alot due to the huge amount of pain, so now im wondering. Every session, how many calories do you burn per hour?

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

congratulations.jpg

Congratulations! That was the single stupidest question ever uttered in my presence! WAY TO GO!

Of course you burn calories. You body goes into a minor form of shock. But here’s a better question: WHO CARES?!

Does your weight loss plan include massive tattooing?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

I think you’re on to something here. Maybe you should write a diet book. Tattoo your way Thin.

Philter
Participant
@philter

hell yes i should then. thanks for the awesome ass ideas

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Hey, it’s what we’re here for.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

fatboytrucker
Participant
@fatboytrucker

lmao!! this thread made me laugh!!

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

who cares? I’m sure people burn calories when they take a crap, just cause your sweating doesn’t necessarily mean your burning calories. Thats like saying if I were to lay out in the sun when its 90 degrees , I must be burning amounts of calories cause I’m sweating. Its targeting the right speed of heart rate which burns calories.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

As a rough guess if you are around 13 stone and 5 foot 10 inches male resting wise you would burn around 800-820 calories per 24 hours resting.

So as a rough calc 800/24 = 33.3 calories an hour.

For the metabolic rate to increase you heart rate would have to be in the duress zone of around 130-150 bpm which would add a boost of around say 15 calories before the endorphins kicked in and brought it under control.

The amount is actually quite negligible and yes these are seriously rough estimates :p

Take Care
Matthew

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

lol sherav, I can’t believe you put that much thought into it.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Actually it is a serious problem I have. I drive my wife mental with it and many of friends find it quite eccentric. :p

I get locked onto data and sometimes just have to know the what if’s (no matter how bizarre but then once I know I find I have to move onto new stuff.

Apparently it is a trait I share with psychopaths (my friend is a psychiatrist and never ever sit down for a coffee with them!) which would explain the lack of remorse lol.

So do I get a gold star?

Take Care
Matthew

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Sherav;58763 wrote:
So do I get a gold star?

Not really… you make me want to go out and do comparative research and crunch some numbers of my own. 😀

Nothing wrong with being a bit psycho.. just as long as you’re not the type that decides to hurt people :rolleyes:

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Suuuure. No prooooblem my man. Just let me put it on your straight jacket like so–

FUCK!

Did you see that? Yeah, ya’ll did, he just tired to snap my fingers off! God damn, this is what I get for associating with the British!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

(Britain rules)

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

Two gold stars.

And a cookie.

I think we need to test your calculations though. Who wants to volunteer to wear a heart rate monitor for their next session?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

so i can burn out a mouth full of cheese cake 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.