Stu
Participant
@stu

I am looking to get this covered up in the near future as bad memories – Just trying to look for inspiration to what will cover it as its quite faded – I love the Ed Hardy design styles – would this cover it as a complete chest piece or is it too dark?

006-2.jpg

337a3329f520fc2.jpg

the cat would be replaced with the dog (can’t stand cats lol)

EH6018A.jpg

LotusCordova
Participant
@lotuscordova

Id say from the looks of it, and shape….your artist should be able to make the first pic work for you. CAts head would cover a bulk of the “body”….and the roses can cover the “butt and the head” of the two…..Critters.

Good luck on the Cover.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Don’t mean to bring back bad-memories, lol but what did that mean or why did you get that piece done?

Stu
Participant
@stu

My family name used to be Badger – but not anymore

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i think its the shape of your old tattoo that will be the biggest problem .

Stu
Participant
@stu
Butterfly_Kisses;57194 wrote:
i think its the shape of your old tattoo that will be the biggest problem .

Thats what I was thinking but whilst a bit bored today I printed it off and started doodling and as its that style not ness that picture I want I have got the centre piece and wings to follow the line of the stand up one flowing to the shoulders and rose/ greenery over the bottom. Also incorporated a few other bits and on light sketching managed to blend it with the lines so fingers crossed a decent tattoist with thier vibrating wand can do thier magic 🙂

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Im looking to get a cover up to Stu my local shop told me to print off a pic of the tat I wanted covering and take it in so he could work out how to cover it, just an idea for if you wanna pop down somewhere locally to check out what they can do..hope you get the result you want x

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

whats on your arm and do you want the style to carry on ?

Stu
Participant
@stu
Butterfly_Kisses;57288 wrote:
whats on your arm and do you want the style to carry on ?

This is my sleeve in progress
83961131-1.jpg

I’m quite open that they can all flow together or not as the case maybe – as long as those stupid vermin are gone lol

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

the purples blues greens and reds make good cover up colours you should mention it to your artist when your there next .

Stu
Participant
@stu
Butterfly_Kisses;57322 wrote:
the purples blues greens and reds make good cover up colours you should mention it to your artist when your there next .

They do don’t they and I like bright colours 🙂 Oh yeah that on my arm was a cover up of a grim reaper stupidly done when i was young

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Love the sleeve. I would tweek the first Ed Hardy to fit the space. It would go nicely. Turn the cat’s head to face towards the center of your chest and only have a wing on one side. That would flow right up to the shoulder and tie into the sleeve. Maybe add a rose under the wing to cover that side of the nipple.
Good luck!:D

Stu
Participant
@stu

Cheers chief will look at that as never thought of that – but was also playing today at going from bright colour on the vermin side to grey on the other then would tie in with the right black sleeve

At least I know what style I want and should be possible but now just need to finalise what the hell its going to be :confused:

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Id go with carrying the design on from your arm…looks good so far and would work as a cover up 😀
x

Stu
Participant
@stu

After much searching and realising way too many tattooists in my area have a crap attitude – or could it be down to a lack of talent as I tried contacting most and either no reply, would look at it so I travelled and not there too busy. Emails sent to places as requested with dimensions pictures ideas etc etc basically drew it out myself and deleted without reading……they asked for them

…….and breath!!!!!

Well after that I have found a tattooist who has the same vision as me – took time out after closing to test draw it from free hand took piccys and is currently drawing the final work up and should be starting in the next week or so – if we don’t start this week it will be April as off diving beginning of April so need time to heal

I can’t show piccys as he has them – agreement though he offered a copy I wanted to build trust with him that I won’t bugger off elsewhere.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.