MegRH
Participant
@megrh

Hi, I’ve been wanting to get a tattoo on my bicep but I fear it will make me look “manly” or “butch.”
The tattoo I was wanting was Jin Kazama’s tattoo from the video game, Tekken.
Jin_Kazama.jpg jin_kazama_tattoo.jpg

Ive wanted this tattoo for a very long time as I’ve been a massive fan of the game since I was about 5 but i’m just worried that it could make me look a bit manly coz I dont really see many women with bicep tattoos.
I’d appreciate peoples thoughts and opinions about bicep tattoos on women. Thanks

SDyounggun
Participant
@sdyounggun

no i dont think it would make you look manly lol. i think that they look good. i love tattoos on girls arms

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I don’t think it looks manly on girls, I’ve seen quite a few with bicep tattoos.
I find it more sexy than manly anyway ๐Ÿ˜‰

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

1- Please take time to introduce yourself to us in the “INTRODUCE YOURSELF” section. It’s something that should be done prior to posting: WHY? Because it’s just something nice we do here. And, it will give us a slight chance to get to know a thing or two about you.

2- I personally think a plain piece sitting alone on the bicept WOULD INDEED make you seem very masculine.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

unless you have really muscular arms like a man i dont think youve got much to worry about, might be worth thinking about adding something like a flower etc to make the design a bit more ‘girly’ x

MegRH
Participant
@megrh

Thanks for everyones replies. I haven’t got muscular arms lol so thats a good thing. Im just a bit worried because i’ve never been a “girly” girl and so a lot of the tattoos I like are more on the masculine side but I still dont wanna end up looking like a bloke lol. I guess im just worried about what people will think:(

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
MegRH;56549 wrote:
Thanks for everyones replies. I haven’t got muscular arms lol so thats a good thing. Im just a bit worried because i’ve never been a “girly” girl and so a lot of the tattoos I like are more on the masculine side but I still dont wanna end up looking like a bloke lol. I guess im just worried about what people will think:(

Why worry what people will think of you? Do YOU like YOU? If so, and that is what you want..then go for it.

I have something on each bicep…I’m not “girly” by any means. I’m 5’9″ and a bit on the big side b/c of my Dad’s family ( I also strength train) I can just imagine what people say about me! lol and I could care less.

If that’s what you want on your bicep, then do it! People talk about people regardless. Screw what other people think! It’s your body anyway…not theirs….

OK gettin off the soapbox now……lol

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

If you like it and that’s what you have always wanted, then go for it. Don’t worry about others.

If you do get the tattoo and you do feel it makes you seem blokish, it’s not the end of the world. Go with Ivy’s idea and add something girly to it. Win/win.

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

In general I don’t see a problem with bicep tattoos on women. But with this design, I think it could make you look butch. How many chicks do you see walking around with tribal on their biceps? Not too many. There’s a good reason for that.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I have tats on both biceps, I love them both, I don’t feel masculine when I show them off, and I love showing them off. Frankly I don’t much care what other people think, I had them done because I like them. There are times when I cover them up and other times when I flaunt them LOL!..and I’m a grandmother in her 50’s!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

My 2cents worth:

A single lonely tribal tattoo taken of a rather masculine character in a computer game, placed on a bicep, brings my mind to thinking of what in Iceland are called ‘trucker dikes’. Dunno what they’re called in English. Anyway, thinking of it, I picture a large woman in comfortable shoes with short cropped hair, and she can most definitely kick my ass ๐Ÿ˜€

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
ArniVidar;56579 wrote:
My 2cents worth:

A single lonely tribal tattoo taken of a rather masculine character in a computer game, placed on a bicep, brings my mind to thinking of what in Iceland are called ‘trucker dikes’. Dunno what they’re called in English. Anyway, thinking of it, I picture a large woman in comfortable shoes with short cropped hair, and she can most definitely kick my ass ๐Ÿ˜€

lmao…Arni, here in the states they are called “Lot Lizards”

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
ChaosDani;56567 wrote:
In general I don’t see a problem with bicep tattoos on women. But with this design, I think it could make you look butch. How many chicks do you see walking around with tribal on their biceps? Not too many. There’s a good reason for that.

One would be me Dani….and I have my Big ass dog’s face on the other. lol

cowakegirl
Participant
@cowakegirl

i have a tribal tat on my bicep…it looks good on my wakeboard and cute in my little black dress.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
cowakegirl;56627 wrote:
i have a tribal tat on my bicep…it looks good on my wakeboard and cute in my little black dress.

As the saying goes, ‘pics, or it never happened’ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.