kev9295
Participant
@kev9295

Hi, new to board so feel free to abuse me (if this is like all other message board forums)

Just after a bit of advice.

I recently got a tattoo which contains, amongst other things, small black lettering (about 1cm tall) on a scroll. The area behind the lettering is not coloured, however, above and below it has been coloured red.

Anyway, back to the point of my post. The lettering is cramped and, to be honest, pretty poor (although the rest of the tattoo is excellent). I was just wondering whether the black lettering could be covered up if I got the rest of the scroll coloured red (the area which was not coloured originally as mentioned above).

If it could be done, would it take many sittings.? The scroll in question is about 1.5cm tall x 10cm wide.

Really hope this can be done as the lettering really spoils an excellent tattoo.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Not 100% sure tbh but it would have to be a very dark red to cover up black ink. have you got a pic you could post as it would help? x

kev9295
Participant
@kev9295
miss_ivy;56060 wrote:
Not 100% sure tbh but it would have to be a very dark red to cover up black ink. have you got a pic you could post as it would help? x

was hoping to get away with posting a picture of it due to the forthcoming abuse (not because of the lettering but of the tattoo’s content).

The bit in question is at the bottom of the badge, as you can see, the lettering is far too cramped and I want to scroll that it is on to be plain red.

sdc10775a.jpg

kev9295
Participant
@kev9295

sdc10775v.jpg

kev9295
Participant
@kev9295

having a bit of a ‘mare posting this, try again ….

sdc10775k.jpg

dine
Participant
@dine

Why would you expect abuse? I wouldn’t abuse you…….

Pity you, maybe…….

A lot……..

Although you DID have to put up with Mouth Almighty Roy. For that you deserve a medal!

strick9
Participant
@strick9

Dam dude,I don’t mean to be an arse,but looks like you need to cover that whole thing up:(
Wow,after second look …man thats really bad,don’t even know about the content you referred to

dine
Participant
@dine
strick9;56093 wrote:
Dam dude,I don’t mean to be an arse,but looks like you need to cover that whole thing up:(
Wow,after second look …man thats really bad,don’t even know about the content you referred to

Do you think he needs to cover it up because you don’t know what it is? It’s a good representation of the club badge.

So does covering up the name alter the actual insignia? I couldn’t help you at all with suggestions as to what to do,I leave that to those who know, but if you do it, are you changing the design of the emblem?

BTW, I admire true supporters, they’re the backbone of clubs.

Off Topic. Does anyone remember the supporter who spent 10 hours getting Andy Cole in his Newcastle strip tattood on his thigh? And the day he got it finished Cole signed for Man U.

Oh you’re all too young!!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

In answer to your question it is going to be quite difficult to cover up the black with red unless you go for a few laser sessions.

Alternatively you would need several (5-6?) layering sessions of a very dark red. The problem you have there is the skin would become quite scarred and there is no guarantee that the black would be fully covered.

My advice is get the whole tattoo re-outlined (without offence many of the lines seem shaky).

Once you get the whole piece re-outlined by a pro artist and add some bolder shading and colouring it will look a lot better.

Just needs some TLC.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.