Mashell26
Participant
@mashell26

I’m getting my first tattoo this monday, any tips I should know about? Thanks!

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

No drinking alcohol beforehand, or any drugs.
Umm, might wanna grab something to eat before you go in, and bring a coke or something if you’ll be longer than a few hours.
Getting tattooed takes it out of you, a sugary drink seems to help some people 🙂
Other than that, remember to enjoy yourself, and the more you tip your artist, the less the tattoo will hurt (proven fact ;))

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Dont take aspirin or anything with aspirin in it if you can avoid it because it thins your blood so youll bleed more, my ex takes it daily and his tattoos bleed quite bad.
I always take a lucozade with me to perk me up during and after.
Maybe take a mate alot for moral support and have fun. x

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

eat plenty beforehand, make sure your not tired (get a good night in) no alcohol, no drugs, take a lucozade in with you and have something sugary beforehand too. ENJOY IT

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
miss_ivy;55902 wrote:
Maybe take a mate alot for moral support and have fun. x

Haha if I’m going in for more than two hours, there’s no way I’m bringing a friend in!

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

yup… i think i prefer being alone, you dont have to worry about showing pain :L

strick9
Participant
@strick9

Sweet,newbie:DIts gonna be good man,deffinatly no drinking:cool:

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

What are you getting, and where are you putting it?
Biggest tip I can provide; is that it’s not going to hurt as bad as you think.

bighairedmike
Participant
@bighairedmike

1. Don’t get hung up beforehand about the pain. It generally will not be as bad as you think it will.

2. Make sure you eat before and get plenty of fluids too.

3. Don’t be afraid to ask for a break if it hurts more than you think and can’t handle it.

4. Definitely talk to the artist. Ask questions about the tattoo etc. And just generally chit chat. It takes your mind off things and builds a little bit of a relationship which is all good. Especially if you plan on getting more at the same place.

5.Enjoy yourself, enjoy the experience and more importantly, afterwards, enjoy your new work of art.

=]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.