miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Hey everyone, Id really like peoples thoughts on realistic rose tattoos ie not tribal or cartoon ones.

I had a good old google but pictures are never as good (or bad) as the real live thing sometimes, I was wondering if anyone has had a realistic rose done thats gone really bad or looks really good and alive so to speak.

I really love the idea of having a rose done with dew on it so it looks almost wet, to me a rose is something that starts so simple and small but as it blooms and becomes an ‘adult’ flower it opens up to the world and become even more beautiful.

Thanks Ivy x

dine
Participant
@dine

I’ve looked at so many roses I’ve lost the will to live! I have 1, purple and black on my shoulder, it is a cover up, and I’m trying to expand it into a bunch of roses, or a vine/creeper across my back with several colours involved. And, I have a heart and vine on my right boob that I want to bring up over my shoulder to meet it. Oh I wish I could draw! I’m going to sit down and let the artist I go to draw it on me and see what it’s like. He is brilliant. But I wish I could take photos of thoughts.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy
dine;55449 wrote:
I’ve looked at so many roses I’ve lost the will to live! I have 1, purple and black on my shoulder, it is a cover up, and I’m trying to expand it into a bunch of roses, or a vine/creeper across my back with several colours involved. And, I have a heart and vine on my right boob that I want to bring up over my shoulder to meet it. Oh I wish I could draw! I’m going to sit down and let the artist I go to draw it on me and see what it’s like. He is brilliant. But I wish I could take photos of thoughts.

I’d be getting mine as a cover up too, did it cover the original tat well?X

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

I am the biggest fan of rose tattoos.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy
BIKERinBLACK77;55481 wrote:
I am the biggest fan of rose tattoos.

Cool have u got any??X

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

i love roses but… they either look really awful or really amazing theres no middle ground with em :p they are really nice when done good though :p good luck

dine
Participant
@dine
miss_ivy;55474 wrote:
I’d be getting mine as a cover up too, did it cover the original tat well?X

Yes, totally. The problem is it’s there on it’s own and a bit lifeless. I wish I could convey to all the young posters how using a very large part of your body for something small can sometimes cause anguish later on. And also, young people and first timers, look at the amount of us that are talking cover-ups. I covered something done more than 30 years ago when, particularly here in Ireland, there wasn’t a lot of choice. And being a woman was an absolute anomaly in the studio. These days there’s so much more you can do to make sure you have the right image and artist. Even if there’s no way around the thoughts and deeds of youth.

Jez
Participant
@jez

My lady is also halfway through completing a cover up on her left shoulder/shoulder blade. Some text being covered up by two big dirty roses. I’m a big fan. I’ll post a shot after her last session. Roses = classic.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Roses are growing on me. I don’t think I would have just a rose tattoo, but I will eventually get a sugar skull with the roses around it. Kinda like this…
skull.jpg

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

I love sugar skulls but wouldnt have one done on me cos I wouldnt see it as appropriate really. x

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo
miss_ivy;55664 wrote:
I love sugar skulls but wouldnt have one done on me cos I wouldnt see it as appropriate really. x

Why would it be inappropriate? Just curious

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

It just wouldnt seem right to me thats all. x

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

you know the definition of the sugar skull relates to the mexican ‘day of the dead’ which is a day which celebrates the LIVES of all your loved ones who have passed away, theyre not evil skulls in any way whatsoever

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy
Benjaminho;55910 wrote:
you know the definition of the sugar skull relates to the mexican ‘day of the dead’ which is a day which celebrates the LIVES of all your loved ones who have passed away, theyre not evil skulls in any way whatsoever

Yeh I know that. x

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

oh well lmao!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.