dine
Participant
@dine

I’m always amazed at people in new, fairly new, and sometimes not-so-new relationships wanting their loved ones name on them. I’m 24 years with my husband, 20 years married next May and I NEVER contemplated getting his name tattood anywhere. FFS! I know his name, I don’t have to convince him, or myself that I love him and I certainly don’t have to tell the rest of the world. I am especially amused by the mentality attached to the people who want tattoos that can be easily altered, ‘in case anything happens” Maybe I’m old fashioned but honestly, you shouldn’t go into a relationship with that attitude, if you do you might give in quicker because you expected it.

Getting the other half’s name done seems to be a bit of a kiss of death to the relationship. I have a friend, who for her 10th anniversary, got her husbands name on the back of her neck. We all told her that was it, over! And guess what, 6 months later it was. Jaysus we had great fun in the pub getting her fixed up. Going around asking fellas ”Is your name Michael? It is? Great, you’ve pulled, she’s over there” I kinda got the impression that coming face to face with another man’s name in a moment of passion, might be a bit of a downer!

So a huge, expensive, cover up later, it doesn’t matter if it’s Tom Dick or Harry.

Klijntjuh
Participant
@klijntjuh

In the back of youre neck is confusing..

I have the name of my husband on my belly.
I have said my vows, and thats not worth noting to me!
A lot of people (i think in america more than europe) get devorsed.
But if you let this count in you’re relationship, i think you must never get married or get a tattoo with someones name.
its asking for problems.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Lol, what caused this rant-n-rave?!

Yeah, I personally wouldn’t BUT some people regardless of the length of time spent in the relationship; do have such a strong connection that they feel it’s appropriate to show their love and devotion for their other half by getting their named tattooed or something along those lines.

I’ve seen friends dating for only 2 years that have had a stronger connection than family I have who has been married for almost 30 years.

It’s all personal taste I guess….. I’m still working on accepting others taste; even when it isn’t properly thought out like I think it should be.

alanw58
Participant
@alanw58

I’ve got my wife’s name in Japanese kanjis on my wrist. But if anything does go wrong I can always lie about what it actually says ๐Ÿ™‚

dine
Participant
@dine
BIKERinBLACK77;54398 wrote:
Lol, what caused this rant-n-rave?!

I didn’t mean it to be a rant, just an observation, opinion. Hey, that’s the one good thing about getting on a bit, people don’t take you seriously. They say things like ‘don’t mind that ‘aul wan’ Ha! ‘Tis great, as long as no one gets hurt.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I don’t like spouse’s/boyfriend/girlfriend names as tattoos. It’s like you are trying to say you own them or they are yours. there are a million other tattoos that can symbolize your relationship, love, commitment, etc. And you look like douche if you break up and still have their name on your body. If i saw a dude with some chick’s name on his body I would run the other way.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I wouldn’t get a girlfriend’s name on me. I’m not particularly good in relationships like that. I’d much rather have my best mate’s name than a lover ๐Ÿ™‚

Jez
Participant
@jez
alanw58;54400 wrote:
I’ve got my wife’s name in Japanese kanjis on my wrist. But if anything does go wrong I can always lie about what it actually says ๐Ÿ™‚

Unless she’s Japanese ๐Ÿ˜€

Joker1;54564 wrote:
I wouldn’t get a girlfriend’s name on me. I’m not particularly good in relationships like that. I’d much rather have my best mate’s name than a lover ๐Ÿ™‚

Yup, I agree.

aemun
Participant
@aemun

I thought about getting an Hope/Faith Ambigram. My old ladies name is one of those, but I think it would still fit either way regardless of what happens.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I certainly wouldn’t have a partner/spouses name tattoed on me but i do have my granddaughters names on my inner wrists, no matter what happens in the future they will always be my grandkids. I’ve just been debating what to have done next in that area, I might have them both made a bit more ‘girly’ by adding something that they both like, one of them is a ‘fairy’ type girly but the other is into ‘bugs, particularly ladybirds, so I may yet go in that direction with it……………decisions, decisions!

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Kids and family are something different, you’ll always have that blood tie.
Having said that, I come from a family of 5 kids ( I’m the only son) and one of my sisters wants to get all the kids names but my own :rolleyes:

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

stupid to yeah, but sometimes you just have to live for the moment ๐Ÿ˜€

so far i only got my son’s name , oh and my grans ๐Ÿ™‚
but you never know ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.