billydeeee
Participant
@billydeeee

so i am planning on getting

I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.

i will get it done in script, but i am trying to think of ways to get it done to make is memorable not just plainly written on my arm (btw the two available spots are upper arm/bicep and forearm. i was thinking, getting a japanese sun at the top of my shoulder and have it fade down into the writing, with maybe some clouds in the rays of the sun. im open to ideas though, so please feel free to help.

thanks 🙂

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

want want want ……..why should people help someone they dont know anything about…… nice intro !!! 😡

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Perhaps pop into the intro section and tell us a bit about yourself so people can help you if they want to….got to admit my intro wasnt my first post as I didnt realise but its good way to meet people on the forum. x

bittytoffee
Participant
@bittytoffee

I would have done it as a scroll myself, all in either grey shades or alternativly some sort of sepia look.

billydeeee
Participant
@billydeeee

woah, sorrry i didnt know this was a dating website. would you like to hear about my hobbies and lifetime goals too? jeez all i asked for was some ideas, i didnt know i was offending you people. my b.

-Im billy, I have 3 tattoos right now, i live in FL but would like to move back to MA soon. i get my tattoos done at Automatic Tattoo. I have 2 dogs and a cat, i live with my family and i like long walks on the beach.

Now…can we please tryy and help me out? thank you and god bless.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Its not dating site its simply good manners to introduce yourself before asking people to help you, how can people suggest tattoo styles if they dont know the personality of the person!
x

billydeeee
Participant
@billydeeee

im sorry i didnt introduce my self to everyone, in my last post i did try to redeem myself, i apologize for not giving you more info on myself. buttt anyways… as i said, i was thinking having it written on my upperarm, have a japanese(black/white) sun at the top of my shoulder, fade down into the psalm. ill prolly add some clouds and little ornates to the sides to make it look individualistic. Any ideas other than that. if u think its an aweful idea, please let me know too, id rather be told its a crappy idea now, then people say its a crappy tattoo later.

Thank you god bless.

vala
Participant
@vala
billydeeee;52729 wrote:
im sorry i didnt introduce my self to everyone, in my last post i did try to redeem myself, i apologize for not giving you more info on myself. buttt anyways… as i said, i was thinking having it written on my upperarm, have a japanese(black/white) sun at the top of my shoulder, fade down into the psalm. ill prolly add some clouds and little ornates to the sides to make it look individualistic. Any ideas other than that. if u think its an aweful idea, please let me know too, id rather be told its a crappy idea now, then people say its a crappy tattoo later.

Thank you god bless.

this part (in red) of your last post. i personally feel you get a tattoo for you and not for others (maybe others will agree?,) so I think you need to ask yourself whether this is something YOU really want?
by all means gather more ideas from here/magazines/internet/tattoo artists portfolio’s. but at the end of the day you have to be happy with your tattoo and its design. other people’s opinions will simply be that, opinions. its your body and if your happy with something then thats all that matters.

I know this isn’t any help to your original question but it needs to be looked at and addressed before you get ink you’ll regret.

billydeeee
Participant
@billydeeee

its not that, im not sure about getting it, im just debating ways to get it. trying to be creative as possible. Let me reiterate this I am positive about getting the psalm 23 on myself. im just going through ideas one creatives ways to place it on my body. Thanks for your reply

vala
Participant
@vala

Good call with getting more ideas but still taking into account what you previously said, what is a crappy tattoo in one persons eyes will not be in another. So ultimately whichever design you end up on be prepared that some may not like it as much as other. And reiterating what I said you will have to be happy with the tattoo design and tbh that’s all that matters.
Good luck and happy hunting finding more ideas! Look forward to seeing the end design!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

First of all I love religious tattoos and I would say the piece you are getting is very inspiring piece.
I also love Japanese tattoos ( I am in the process of a backpiece of Japanese influence).

That said however the concept whilst sounds aesthetically great with the idea of sun rays melting into the text, the Japanese style of sun seems too abstract and would (in my opinion) detract from the warmth of the psalm.

I would suggest a more traditional sun and you could have the lines of the text wrapping through the sun beams or you could have the words making up the shape of the sun and the rays.

The overall concept is nice but at the end it is down to your personal taste and no other.

As a side note to you and to others….

Outlaw is right in that he wants to encourage people to use this place as a community rather than just a stop and go resource.

When I first joined I made a post that basically wanted ppl to assist me with an issue and I wanted it for free. It took me a while to realise that;

1. Nobody knew me so why should they bother?
2. I wanted something for free. Even the time to type out a reply has a cost – that is time the person is giving up. Many on here are pro artists and they offer their services for free whereas they could just as easily ignore or charge.
3. I decided to offer something (my research notes) in return and the help i got from here was great in my PhD.

It does not cost a lot for people to put an effort into an intro or form working relationships on a forum and they often get back a lot more than they put in return.

I know I have.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.