Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I’m starting on my arm on Monday, and I thought I’d save time by shaving my arm Monday morning. Does it matter if I shave ‘against the grain’ or should I go with it?

Thanks for any help

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

i actually work in a backward and forward motion, razor flush with skin straight up and down gets rid of all the hair nicely, i had to use 3 razors on one guys inner forearm, i said “man you’re hairy!” he said “you should see my back!” i didnt know what to say after that lol, you could always just let your artist do it for you.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Every time I visit him he asks if I shaved the area, I’m not sure if that’s a subtle hint or not. I hit it today with a electric shaver to take some of the hair off. I was surprised how much there was on there!

CruisingComet
Participant
@cruisingcomet

Not sure how many people do this themselves or just leave it to the artist? But I must admit rightly or wrongly I shave my arm before I leave home, as like you, I just feel it saves time and you don’t lose that precious 5-10 mins out of your appointment, while they faff around!

I find I need to shave in both directions to get it smooth enough – Good luck 4 monday! 😎

bighairedmike
Participant
@bighairedmike

When i got my first tat done, because i knew i wanted it on my back, because i’m hairy and because my friends are sadists I let them wax it first (2 days before). The Artist said this was a good idea (I only let them do half of it because it hurt so much) because if it was all the same length as my lower back he would have had to have shaved it himself. I think next time i’ll go for the whole shaving technique though and i truly understand now what women go through.

Tattoopadawan
Participant
@tattoopadawan

As an artist,.. I like to do the shaving myslef.
If my cliant shaves the spot and accidently nic’s him/herself then there will be a small scab there. We can not tattoo on scabs,..and we cant just pick them off and tattoo it.
IMHO leave it to the artist to do all of this.

vala
Participant
@vala

i leave it to the artist. more worried like tattoopadawan mentioned about nicking myself and then potentially causing a problem for the artist.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I shaved it myself, I was extremely careful and used a good quality razor, all went well 🙂

Waxing would be an interesting idea, that way you wouldn’t get all the new hair coming through a healing tattoo so quickly.

Has anyone had any experience with an e-pen or permanent hair removal laser?

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Joker1;51903 wrote:
that way you wouldn’t get all the new hair coming through a healing tattoo so quickly

Is that so? Would waxing before a session (a few days before I guess, else it would all be so raw and sore) be better for us furry people? Would there be fewer white ‘dots’ in the tats if the skin healed better before the hairs started growing back? Or are you maybe creating new thick skin that covers the hair follicles and stops the hairs growing out (thus growing inwards)?

bighairedmike
Participant
@bighairedmike
ArniVidar;51933 wrote:
Is that so? Would waxing before a session (a few days before I guess, else it would all be so raw and sore) be better for us furry people? Would there be fewer white ‘dots’ in the tats if the skin healed better before the hairs started growing back? Or are you maybe creating new thick skin that covers the hair follicles and stops the hairs growing out (thus growing inwards)?

I got my back waxed before i had mine done (waxed on the tuesday, tattooed on the thursday.) The tattooist reckons it was a good idea and i haven’t noticed any white spots coming through at all, and this is 5/6 weeks later. If i were to get another back tat or a chest one i would probably wax again (even though it hurt like hell)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.