musink
Participant
@musink

Do men with arm-hair resembling that of a gorilla typically shave to show off ink? Specifically at tattoo shows…

S.Neill
Participant
@s-neill

Yes. They do.

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

hehehehehe, i went through 3 razors on one guy just shaving his inner arm, i said “man you’re hairy” and he said “you should see my back!” ewwwwwwwww:eek:

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

i have a client that is called dan, he is so hairy he gets called orangudan :p

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

What’s the deal with shaving? Is it safe to continuously shave over a tattoo for many years, or will it damage the tattoo somehow?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i would think its completely safe to do :rolleyes:
as long as you dont hack your leg , arm , back while shaving

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Its fine – I can’t see there being any damage to the tattoo (different layers of the epidermis)

S.Neill
Participant
@s-neill

Some hairy men go for a full body suit. If they want to show off the tattoos, they either shave, have regular full body wax jobs or ger laser hair removal. I know several who shave their entire body…Arms, chest, back, legs, & so on, just so their tattoos are always perfectly visible. Doesn’t hurt the tattoo at all.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Joker

Once it is healed it is locked beneath the epidermis so you can shave over it no prob as you would need to dig down into the dermis to damage it – like majorly cut yourself.

Not to be recommended on brand new tattoos though.

Take Care
Matthew

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Thanks, looks like I’ll be a regular arm-shaver soon.

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

Here’s a weird follow-up. If you have one arm inked and you shave it, do you shave to other bare arm to match? Or do you have one hairy arm and one smooth arm?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I would leave the other arm.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

get the other arm fully sleeved – simple solution ๐Ÿ˜€

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound
Aussie_Al;106362 wrote:
get the other arm fully sleeved – simple solution ๐Ÿ˜€

Great idea, Al! I have to get the first one done first. I do like the way you think.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

It’s an interesting question. Since I am quite hairy, this is a future concern of mine. I believe I’d shave either both or neither. And since having a bare shaved arm would be horrid, I think I’d skip shaving the tattoo arm as well, until I had them both inked.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.