ben_allen76
    Participant
    @ben_allen76

Got my first tattoo done today at a local tattoo parlour. When i got there the people didnt even seem interested at all, no hello etc. Just said what dya want, so i told them i want “Live Forever” on my inner wrist written in caligraphy. He didnt ask, if i had been drinking, what colour, any thing.
    Sat down, a colleague shouts to the artist “do you want a beer”? I was like what the fuck, hes doing a tattoo on me and propbably been drinking?
    Any way he put the stencil on my wrist, and started tattooing, i was watching him and thought he was missing the lines. After it had finished, max 10 mins?? He quickly bandaged it up and asked for the money i gave it to him went out the shop and had a look. The whole thing is a joke, cant even make out the Forever part!!! and it looks like he hasnt even followed the stenicl at all, just free hand, almost like kids writing!!!

I really wanted ot cry when i saw it, i dont know what to do now, its almost embarrasing!!

Please help, how long do i leave it until i go to a well known place not that far from me to get touched up?

Cheers

Ben

Sorry for the rant!

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

sorry to hear you found a place like that, where in the world are you ????

ben_allen76
    Participant
    @ben_allen76

Im in London, England.

I am gutted, want to cry when i look at it

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Ben

You want my advice first of all you report that place to environmental health and get it proper checked out.
    It sounds like they are not fit to be tattooing.

Did they break open the sterile equipment in front of you and were they wearing gloves?
    If not you seriously nee to consider a blood test to be on the safe side.

I would suggest letting the tattoo heal for at least 4-6 weeks then take it to a pro artist I have seen and heard good stuff about Evil From The Needle in Camden.

I am sure they can fix up your tattoo. If not consider getting a cover over (hard to say without a pic)

http://www.evilfromtheneedle.com/

Take Care
    Matthew

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al

Sorry to hear about your experience mate

if its any consolation most of us have had one or two bad experiences over the years – once you go to a pro place you will never look back

keep us updated on that crappy shop and how your touch up goes

Cheers!

Jez
    Participant
    @jez

You let a guy tattoo you who’s drinking on the job? And now you’re complaining that the tattoo is shit? Sorry bro, no sympathy from me.

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al

Well sounds to me he is pretty new to getting inked and probably didn’t feel confident enough to walk out

You live and learn what can I say

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk
    Jez;42077 wrote:
    You let a guy tattoo you who’s drinking on the job? And now you’re complaining that the tattoo is shit? Sorry bro, no sympathy from me.

I’m sorry you got a shit piece of ink man, but Jez has got a point. Hell, it’s not even just that. You NEVER get a work done at a shop until you’ve checked the place out. You look at their portfolios, you look around to see if they’re using proper sterilization techniques (like Matthew said, they got gloves? Did they break sterile equipment out in front of you? Do you see an autoclave hanging out?), and you got to watch their attitudes. Professional artists, and this may just be in America, tend to behave professionally, are attentive, and make damn sure you sign the “If this fucks me up, I won’t sue you” contract, while fulfilling their obligation to make sure you ain’t drunk or high.

New to ink or not man, you should have put some thought into this. The good news is, however, that text only tattoos (which are lame as hell 99/100 times, but that’s a different rant), are usually pretty easy to cover up.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

richiex
    Participant
    @richiex

@KnightHawk 42102 wrote:

You NEVER get a work done at a shop until you’ve checked the place out. QUOTE]

Second that!!!

Sorry about your experience. Can I ask if you’re a bit young? Maybe I’m just old 🙂 but my sensible head told
    me to do some research for designs (like on these forums) or for the actual tattoo parlour (there are UK based tattoo forums).
    At least you’ll know what to look out for before getting any future ink and like already said, it should be easy
    enough for a cover up.

Good luck 🙂

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

that text only tattoos (which are lame as hell 99/100 times, but that’s a different rant.

Hahahaha just got a text only tattoo on Friday night!

purplestar
    Participant
    @purplestar

What’s left to be said, that hasn’t already been said. You can’t check out a place enough. Do you have any mate who are tattooed that can recomend a tattoist to you?

The closest tattooist is always the best a good artist is worth travelling a distance to and waiting for a slot, even if you have to wait a few months.

Good luck with the next one.

Purplestar

ps no text tattoos but do have a couple of coverups.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

wait till it heals then get it covered by a reputable artist, report this tattoo studio to the health dep, chalk it up to a learning curve.

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al
    Quote:
    wait till it heals then get it covered by a reputable artist, report this tattoo studio to the health dep, chalk it up to a learning curve.

Like the saying goes – Hindsight is 20/20

Aranelvanya
    Participant
    @aranelvanya

Wow, dude, that’s an awful story!
    You should have walked right out of there. Tattooing should be an amazing experience.

I went to The Dutchman out here in British Columbia Canada to get tattooed by Rob Hope. It was probably one of the best experiences of my life. They treated me like I was a big deal and so important at that shop. They even bought me lunch and invited me into their private staff lunch room to eat with them. The whole time all the other artists and the receptionist and the owner would come visit while I was getting tattooed and made such a big deal over how awesome they thought the design was.
    This was one of the best tattoo shops in BC, and they have people waiting years to get in there. You’d think they’d have a snobby demeanor, but they didn’t at all. They were so welcoming!
    I’m seriously excited to go through it again. haha

There are tons of good shops out there that will be able to cover it for you. Put out the extra money and get someone good!

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill
    Aranelvanya;42353 wrote:
    Wow, dude, that’s an awful story!
    You should have walked right out of there. Tattooing should be an amazing experience.

I went to The Dutchman out here in British Columbia Canada to get tattooed by Rob Hope. It was probably one of the best experiences of my life. They treated me like I was a big deal and so important at that shop. They even bought me lunch and invited me into their private staff lunch room to eat with them. The whole time all the other artists and the receptionist and the owner would come visit while I was getting tattooed and made such a big deal over how awesome they thought the design was.
    This was one of the best tattoo shops in BC, and they have people waiting years to get in there. You’d think they’d have a snobby demeanor, but they didn’t at all. They were so welcoming!
    I’m seriously excited to go through it again. haha

There are tons of good shops out there that will be able to cover it for you. Put out the extra money and get someone good!

I agree. There’s no since making you feel worse for the experience, but tattooing, and getting tattooed is serious, and you need to see it that way. You walk into a shop, look around, ask some questions, note things. Is the place clean? If not, leave. Are the artists interested. If they are tattooing, let them finish, but if they finish and still ignore you, then leave. Is the receptionist or counter help friendly? If not, leave. Do you see signs of drinking? If so, leave. Ask them to show you how they sterilize. If they won’t, leave. Ask them if they re-use needles. If they do, leave. Ask them for examples of their art work. If they have none, then leave. Ask them for a price, if they seem rude, then leave.

If they give you a price, compare with other studios.

Remember this. you are paying them, not the other way around. Your tattoo can be covered, even if it is bad, but now you HAVE to cover it. Take this as a lesson learned and never make the mistake again. It is your right to leave. Remember that. There is always another studio.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.