erikminamihata
    Participant
    @erikminamihata

I was just curious to know what everyone did when their new tattoo started to itch. Any specials techniques to help relieve it? During the heeling period of my last tattoo it itched like crazy for 3 weeks!

DropScience
    Participant
    @dropscience

dont scratch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that shiny new skin that is so kindly driving you batty is what is holding your ink in, so to speak.

slap it, rub lotion on it, wash it with a wash cloth…

personally I like the slapping!

hehe.

TraceurX401
    Participant
    @traceurx401

yeah…just use some lotion or something you wanna keep that area moist…do NOT let it dry up haha. it drying up can also make it alot more itchy then it needs to be.

Sketchytattoos
    Participant
    @sketchytattoos
    DropScience;37248 wrote:
    dont scratch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that shiny new skin that is so kindly driving you batty is what is holding your ink in, so to speak.

hehe.

ya slapping is what works for me.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

yep slap it lol!!!:D

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

I always find slamming your hand in the drawer or stapling a finger takes your mind off the itching with the pain… 😀

Slapping and moisturiser is what works best. Personally I found tattoo goo great for the itching but nowhere near me sells it *sniff*

Take Care
    Matthew

Tical
    Participant
    @tical

I straight up just start tapping it with a ruler.

peachiepoo
    Participant
    @peachiepoo
    DropScience;37248 wrote:

hehe.

SICKO….although i prefer the slapping as well…

DropScience
    Participant
    @dropscience
    peachiepoo;37413 wrote:
    SICKO….although i prefer the slapping as well…

hahahahahahaha…there is nothing sick about it…

just kinda depends on where your tattoo is for the slapping.

im bad. its early.

apostle228
    @

when mine itch i just press on them. this works as well.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

I slap it 😉

Jez
    Participant
    @jez

I slap ,mine every day. Feels good man.:)

gixxerk3
    Participant
    @gixxerk3

Just lotion the heck out of it. Keep that skin real moist and it will keep the colors looking much better. I have a lot of work done and have never had itching problems. I literally put lotion on it 15 plus times a day. It helps your skin to heal up faster as well, and on tp of that the colors will b brighter during the healing process.

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

That’s not altogether true. It creates soggy scabs, and the best breeding ground for infection is a continually moist, warm surface…

msanders
    Participant
    @msanders

ya the itching gets to be too much at times. I’ve tried everything & the slapping really does help. If it’s itching cuz its drying out tho, I rub my hemp stick on it. Best stuff I’ve ever found. Moistens it right up & I can get some relief. Can’t get it in the store, you gotta order online, but at least they probably ship it anywhere and it’s very reasonably priced.

Tattoo Hemp stick

Hope that helps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.