kerdi
    Participant
    @kerdi

hi. im new to the site and seeing as my tattooist isnt giving me much information i thought i would see what other ppl had to say. i got my second tattoo done 2 days ago right next to my ankle. im having alot of problems with this one that i never had with the other. my ankle has just about completely disappeared from all the swelling, i mean we talkin i got half a kankle going on here. i have alot of trouble walking from the pain most of the time or move my foot at all AND it still hasnt stopped bleeding. i this normal for an ankle tat cos im kinda freaking out a bit. please help.

Chance666
    Participant
    @chance666

I am sure everyone here is going to give good advise. All I can say is I just had both my ankles tattooed a week ago. I have many tattoos and for some reason the one on my right ankle has been very painful and alot of scabs and leaking fluid. I finally today went to the artist to take a look and they said it just a painful place for a tattoo.

But I had no swelling and bleeding!

tattman91
    Participant
    @tattman91

is it scabby and or yellowing or red…? itchy?

illume666
    Participant
    @illume666

my calf swelled a fair bit when i got that done, but not both times.
    i think ur body reacts differently in diff spots.
    if its still bad after like a week maybe get an artist/doc to take a peek at it.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Get it checked out and it should not be still bleeding! Ive tattooed many ankles, right on the bone etc and theyve all had no problem, different strokes for different folks, but this does not sound good. And the tattooist should be giving you advice and know exactly whats going on……..go stab him in the eyeball…i believe thats what tattman would tell ya to do lmao

tattman91
    Participant
    @tattman91

give him a good stab in the pupil….. i believe it is Iz….
    nice try though : )

snerkler
    Participant
    @snerkler

From a medical point of view it doesn’t sound too great. Chances are though it’s just a bad inflammatory reaction. If you start to notice any puss, go to the docs immediately as it means it’s become infected. The first stage of imflammation is 7-10 days and so swelling can last this long. Can you get a photo of it on here? If you have any doubts it’s always best to get it checked out at your GP, always better to be over cautious.

kerdi
    Participant
    @kerdi

its not pusy or yellow but its red where the swelling is. im not sure if i should mention that its not my tattoo that is swollen, that part is fine beside the bleeding, its below the tat thats swollen. it just leaks alot to the point where its like runnin down my leg. its gettting better to walk on but it still fairly swollen and alot more than yesterday but hasnt gotten any bigger today. the tattooist is a friend so id rather not stab him in the pupil lol, he just said it was normal but i honestly dont feel like it is. i cant get a picture yet, i should have one on tomorro afternoon, but lets hope its better by then. thanks everyone for your advice, i didnt actually think anyone would reply, really appriecate it. i have a doctors appointment monday for a different thing but if its still bad then ill talk to him about it then. thanks agen.

post a pic tomorro and keep y’all updated.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Kerdi

Check out the thread Paranoid about infection.

Sounds like there could be some infection there although sounds slight – get some antibiotics or anti-inflammatories on it and get it sorted before it gets worse.

Take care
    Matthew

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink
    tattman91;36741 wrote:
    give him a good stab in the pupil….. i believe it is Iz….
    nice try though : )

Oh yeah lol, straight in the middle lmao, im starting to think we’re all a little sick and twisted here:p

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

im thinking its best to wait for a piccy before giving any wrong ideas of what it is, there are several things it could be caused by ranging from infection, cellulitis or even just pressure from stretching the skin…. its best to post the picture and just be patient until we can give an honnest opinion…. it wont take long for someone to give a reply to it.

just try to rest it and keep it raised for now as best you can, dont take any antibiotics unless the doctor prescribes them (it can stuff the ink up), and dont use anything like germoline or any intensive care creams……. just keep it cleen and place small amounts of aftercare cream in it like your artist advised.

peachiepoo
    Participant
    @peachiepoo

I have both ankles done…and they do swell a LITTLE bit…and it definately should not hurt to walk on it. I would still have your doc look at it when you go in. You can ice it down a bit (cold compreses for 15 minutes on and fifteen minutes off) and that will help the swelling…it also helps encourage more blood flow to the area which may help with the pain issue. The cold constricts your veins which triggers your body’s responses to send more blood to the area to warm it up.

also, ibuprofren (advil) is not only a pain reliever but an anti-inflamatory, which will also help. NO MORE THAN 800mg. EVERY SIX HOURS. Drink pleanty of water to help your body flush any icky stuff out. Make sure you’re eating healthy and slepping enough.

And I would definately FIND A NEW ARTIST! Anyone who’s worth the oxygen they consume would’ve given you advise on what to do and would have AT LEAST looked at it. I’m also with IZZ…stab the SOB in the eye…both eyes!
    I agree with Outlaw about elevating your foot…should do that while you ice it anyhow.

snerkler
    Participant
    @snerkler
    peachiepoo;36776 wrote:
    NO MORE THAN 800mg. EVERY SIX HOURS. .

That really is a top end dose, and could cause stomach upset. Whatever anti-inflammatory (NSAID) you take, always take it with food

kerdi
    Participant
    @kerdi

hey thanks heaps for all your advice. sweeling went down and my ankle seems back to normal. tattoo is looking fine, just the sink around it is peeling a bit and its itchy but i know thats normal. thanks everyone for your advice. im still wroking on a picture, camera is broke at the mo so no good til i can get it working agen- shouldnt be too long. talk to y’all soon.

kerdi
    Participant
    @kerdi

u asked for a photo….. its in my pictures, coulnt work out how to add it to here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.