Mr.Hyde
    Participant
    @mr-hyde

I’m new on this forum and i hate to start a new thread but i couldn’t find the info i was looking for…. so yeah.

i got my first tattoo about two weeks ago and it peeled pretty fast compared to what people told me. so everything is done and it looks good once i put ointment on it.

its fully peels and doesn’t stink are anything but when I’m sleeping at night everything rubs off so in the morning its VERY dry and cracky. once i put lotion or ointment it clears up perfectly.

is my tat still SUPER fresh?? would this drynes go away soon? or don’t worry?

its on my lower side leg (all my tat will be on my legs) and i don’t want it to mess up or anything.

also.. I’ve noticed it faded in color. when it was fresh it was a dark dark blackk. now its more like a green grey. i like the light color it is now but wanna know if this is commen.

thanks for any info

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

The peeling is a nuisance and can last between 5-14 days everybody is diff but I would suggest that you get up in middle of night for first 7 days to cream it.

Nuisance but all you can do really.

The bit that concerns me is black to green/’grey?? That don’t sound right and I would suggest a recolour once it has healed.

I would recommend waiting at least 4 weeks to let it settle and use a diff artist as sounds like crappy ink used.

Maybe some of the artists on here can offer a better insight on that as I have heard/had a little after scab fading but nothing that extreme.

Take Care
    Matthew

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

Hi there Mr H,
    welcome to the forum 😉

the colour will change, when you first have the tattoo done the area will become bruised, this will look like a browny black colour (check the tattoo in one of the recent threads with an eagle, you will notice the difference in the wings from first and second sitting) this is natural, the work will look a lot darker when fresh, dont worry.

as for the flaking, the initial stages of healing will require a good antiseptic cream to be used 3 to 4 times a day for the first 4 or 5 days, during that time it should start to peel……. this is normal..
    once it starts to peel then stop using the antiseptic cream and just use a none scented moisturising cream, dont smother it, just use enough to moisten the skin and rub it in well…… continue this as required during the day and evening, you should hopefully be all done in about 10 to 14 days, some people require moisturiser for a week longer.
    as for touch up work, i wouldnt recommend going over the same area for 2 months at least, you can have extra work done next to it but not on it..

hope that helps 😉

peachiepoo
    Participant
    @peachiepoo

It takes time for the tattoo to completely heal. Just because it peeled does not mean it is completely healed. Keep it moist and keep using whatever your artist told you to use. If you’re seriously comcerned about it…go back to the artist who did it and show him/her and ask.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Mathew you must be really dedicated to get up in the night and moisturise your tattoo lol, bugger that hehe i loooovvve my sleep:D

Now if you’re still concerned after its healed properly i would go back to the artist and show them, ( not necessarily get THEM to do it again ) but just have a chat. I always do my touchups for free if needed, not common but sometimes its necessary. They may have used crap ink.

Mr.Hyde
    Participant
    @mr-hyde
    Sherav;35682 wrote:
    The peeling is a nuisance and can last between 5-14 days everybody is diff but I would suggest that you get up in middle of night for first 7 days to cream it.

Nuisance but all you can do really.

The bit that concerns me is black to green/’grey?? That don’t sound right and I would suggest a recolour once it has healed.

i talked to the artist and he said dis-colour is narmal. not all ink stays the same because all skin is different.

thanks for the input bro

Mr.Hyde
    Participant
    @mr-hyde
    Outlaw;35696 wrote:
    Hi there Mr H,
    welcome to the forum 😉

the colour will change, when you first have the tattoo done the area will become bruised, this will look like a browny black colour (check the tattoo in one of the recent threads with an eagle, you will notice the difference in the wings from first and second sitting) this is natural, the work will look a lot darker when fresh, dont worry.

as for the flaking, the initial stages of healing will require a good antiseptic cream to be used 3 to 4 times a day for the first 4 or 5 days, during that time it should start to peel……. this is normal..
    once it starts to peel then stop using the antiseptic cream and just use a none scented moisturising cream, dont smother it, just use enough to moisten the skin and rub it in well…… continue this as required during the day and evening, you should hopefully be all done in about 10 to 14 days, some people require moisturiser for a week longer.
    as for touch up work, i wouldnt recommend going over the same area for 2 months at least, you can have extra work done next to it but not on it..

hope that helps 😉

thanks I’m glad i joined the forum 🙂

…and thanks for the help, 100% great information. i could tell you REALLY know you’re stuff!

Mr.Hyde
    Participant
    @mr-hyde
    Izarrasink;35707 wrote:
    Now if you’re still concerned after its healed properly i would go back to the artist and show them, ( not necessarily get THEM to do it again ) but just have a chat. I always do my touchups for free if needed, not common but sometimes its necessary. They may have used crap ink.

the color looks great, my only concerne was is it normal to have a lot of dryness ones its fully peeled. it doesn’t need any touch-ups or anything and I’m very happy with it!

Izarrasink;35707 wrote:
    They may have used crap ink.

if i get the name of the ink my bestfriend uses could you guys tell me if its bunk ink???

he gets all his supplys from a shop. he gets needles, gloves, ink, caps, ect…

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

I have dry skin, so all my tats look 150% better if I use some lotion on them. They look faded and old b/c of my dry skin, but if I slap some lotion on there they look as good as when I got them.

I never used lotion before getting tatted, (being a big macho man and all :rolleyes: ), and I don’t regularly use it now except when I am going out and people might see my tats. I want them to look good. 😀

Mr.Hyde
    Participant
    @mr-hyde
    Tecratt;35867 wrote:
    I have dry skin, so all my tats look 150% better if I use some lotion on them. They look faded and old b/c of my dry skin, but if I slap some lotion on there they look as good as when I got them.

I never used lotion before getting tatted, (being a big macho man and all :rolleyes: ), and I don’t regularly use it now except when I am going out and people might see my tats. I want them to look good. 😀

how old is you’re tat? so it always looks dry?? all my friends tats look like the rest of there body. smooth and have a lot of natrial moisture…

my skin is never dry only my tat is! i don’t want to keep putting lotion and ointment on my tat all the time!

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt
    Mr.Hyde;35874 wrote:
    how old is you’re tat? so it always looks dry?? all my friends tats look like the rest of there body. smooth and have a lot of natrial moisture…

my skin is never dry only my tat is! i don’t want to keep putting lotion and ointment on my tat all the time!

My oldest is six years old, then 5, then like 2, then about a month.

You don’t have to keep on with the ointment. I just throw some lotion on mine when they are going to be seen, like if I am going swimming and won’t be wearing a shirt for example.

Of course my newest is on my forearm so it will be seen all the time as I hardly ever wear long sleeve shirts.

Mr.Hyde
    Participant
    @mr-hyde
    Tecratt;35879 wrote:
    My oldest is six years old, then 5, then like 2, then about a month.

You don’t have to keep on with the ointment. I just throw some lotion on mine when they are going to be seen, like if I am going swimming and won’t be wearing a shirt for example.

Of course my newest is on my forearm so it will be seen all the time as I hardly ever wear long sleeve shirts.

oh, i wasn’t talking about showing off. i was talking about is it normal for a new tat to be very dry after its peeled.

i got the answers i was looking for. but thanks for trying to help

peachiepoo
    Participant
    @peachiepoo

All my tats tend to get a bit “ashy” if I don’t put lotion on regualrly…but my skin tends to be dry anyhow…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.