zamc08
    Participant
    @zamc08

@discontinu 29594 wrote:

those are dope neck tattoos zamc08, what line of work are you in

hiya lad, well atm i aint working tbh but i was a professional hairdresser… but quit , and latey been trying to get into it, i found that in that industly ppl didnt care about my style. ๐Ÿ˜€

but i think nowadays , ppl look past the tattoos and hire you for who you are, not what you look like :rolleyes:

discontinu
    Participant
    @discontinu

in the end i have to agree, people are getting a lot more tolerant as the newer generations enter the workforce.

so go get tattied! you only live once

zamc08
    Participant
    @zamc08

well yess you only live once soo live it to the best you can ๐Ÿ™‚ and do all the things you wanna do
    cuz if you dont you will regret not doing it …

๐Ÿ˜€

Jodoll
    @

A tattoo of any sort should not hold you back applying for any position you wish. Discrimination of personality (ie having tattoos) is on the same level as sexual discrimination. An empolyer should not be looking at your exterior but looking at what you can offer them in skill. This is unless you are wanting to be a modlel or some sort of facial representitive of a company where you will be first contact.

HTH
    Jox

@scottishbeagle 28922 wrote:

FIrst of all, i imagine this has ben talked about a million time, but I am new to the foum and dont see a thread on it – so my apologis to the “old timers” on here who are sick of this subject!!

I have both of my upper arms done, and wanting to take one of them and making into a full sleeve. My main concern is re-entering the work force (I am currently a full time dad of 2 girls) and the negative reactions of potential employers, etc. I know that tattooing has become more mainstream in society, BUt I am curious to hear form those who have had reaction, good or bad, when they have gotten visable tattoo’s.

I am unsure what indisurty I will be working in (I am college educated, but was fed up with my old line of work before staying home 4 years ago), but just trying to make an educated decision!!

I have been looking around the board, seen a lot of really intresting and informative threads – look forward to getting more involved!

Cheers

Al

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.