#39638
Firepunk
Participant
    @firepunk

Just like the title say’s what I’m looking for. I am currently on a waiting list to have two pieces one small Celtic Knot and a Jacked up Traditonal dagger and snake, being lazered. Seeing how I work in a industry where my forearm’s get thrashed on a lot my dagger has been cut into in etc. I am looking to do 3/4 American Traditional sleeve’s.

Here in lies the problem I know tattoo acceptance has improved but I work on a farm with old timers and around a lot of Mennonites and people who don’t appreciate them. Fact first time boss seen my head he about crapped himself. Asked me to put my hat back on when customers come back. Normally I wear a hat or have longer hair. So with work and acceptance I’m looking for 3/4 ideas instead of just doing 1/2 sleeves like I was going to do.

I have not seen any though searched and searched all I keep coming up with is Neo Traditional or Japanese this is stuff I’m not looking to get. I just want to see if it actually could be pulled off. Im very picky about what I want below the elbow’s only thing could think of would be a Anchor or something. I just don’t know what would look right and etc. Again just never seen one or both. So if anyone has any pictures of American Traditional talking fat lines and traditional color sleeves please post a picture.

I have seen tons of full sleeve and 1/2 sleeve but no 3/4 American Traditional sleeve. Trust me Ive looked and even asked around at conventions like Hell City and etc. Thanks again. 😎

#130174
jerryatrophy
Participant
    @jerryatrophy

You do realize that 3/4 means past your elbow right? I get the sense you want to hide them at work so a 3/4 is more noticabke than a half sleeve.

#130175
Firepunk
Participant
    @firepunk
jerryatrophy;117088 wrote:
You do realize that 3/4 means past your elbow right? I get the sense you want to hide them at work so a 3/4 is more noticabke than a half sleeve.

Yeah no problems I mostly wear long sleeves or baseball 3/4 sleeve shirts at work. Hiding them is not the problem.

Main reason is my lower forearm’s even with gloves and etc. still get thrashed on and me having work down there is pointless . My dagger has already been cut and scratched etc. I don’t ever plan on leaving this work so it’s kinda my thing. I was gonna do 1/2 sleeves but I feel like I can get away with 3/4 since it’s manily my lower foearm’s and arm’s that take the most damage.

#130176
jerryatrophy
Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Ok i got ya. I misunderstood what you said. So you already have work on the arms and just want to extend down midway to forearm?

#130177
Firepunk
Participant
    @firepunk
jerryatrophy;117090 wrote:
Ok i got ya. I misunderstood what you said. So you already have work on the arms and just want to extend down midway to forearm?

I don’t have really much on my arm’s . Just the two that I am getting lazered and I have a American Traditional Gypsy on my left arm. Most of my work is on my leg’s lol. I kinda started working backward’s. Plus I have work on my head . My arm’s I have been waiting and still am till I start and finish the removal of my forearm tattoo’s . So trying to get my planning down now. Of course it’s going to be a while seeing as my first lazer session isn’t until another three months.

#130178
jerryatrophy
Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Dont get hung up on getting a “sleeve”. Just get pieces you want. Sleeves take time, unless you just have to do it all right now. I have 13 tattoos on my right arm from my wrist to my shoulder but its still not a sleeve. Ill tie everything up eventually but im not in a hurry.
First thing you need to do is find the right artist for the style you want. Its getting harder to find artists that can do traditional well. A good artist will take a piece and terminate it in a way that work can be added easily in the future. Take it one piece at a time. Tell your artist what youd like the end result to be and work towards the goal. Money and time shouldnt be a factor. Great tattoos take a lot of both.

#130201
Firepunk
Participant
    @firepunk
jerryatrophy;117092 wrote:
Dont get hung up on getting a “sleeve”. Just get pieces you want. Sleeves take time, unless you just have to do it all right now. I have 13 tattoos on my right arm from my wrist to my shoulder but its still not a sleeve. Ill tie everything up eventually but im not in a hurry.
First thing you need to do is find the right artist for the style you want. Its getting harder to find artists that can do traditional well. A good artist will take a piece and terminate it in a way that work can be added easily in the future. Take it one piece at a time. Tell your artist what youd like the end result to be and work towards the goal. Money and time shouldnt be a factor. Great tattoos take a lot of both.

This isn’t my first rodeo man. I got close to 5 years in my one leg had other work done other places during this time to. I’m just trying to see if it can look good haha. I’ve only seen Japanese 3/4 sleeves. I still got to wait till my Lazer treatment’s are done.

#131566
shawncooper78
Participant
    @shawncooper78

Dude if you really want to go for a 3/4 sleeve then you can choose a fire vine tattoo or a tribal one.


Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.